Lr4 Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When replacing the sensor, does the computer reset itself? Or do you have to reset using diagnostics tool?

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LR3 reset itself after I spliced the sensor wires together.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A worn sensor simply opens the circuit, triggering the brake wear warning light. When you replace the sensor with a new one (or close the circuit manually on the old one as Biagetti did) the circuit closes and the warning light extinguishes, no need to reset anything via diagnostics.

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Another question, when rotating tires do they have to be calibrated for the tire pressure or does the computer sense the rotation of the tires by itself?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tire pressure needs to be adjusted if you will be rotating them, 42 PSI rear and 36 front IIRC. If you don't, you may get a warning that your rear tires are low on air after a while (TPMS won't warn you if the front ones are over-inflated...)

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tire pressure needs to be adjusted if you will be rotating them, 42 PSI rear and 36 front IIRC. If you don't, you may get a warning that your rear tires are low on air after a while (TPMS won't warn you if the front ones are over-inflated...)

thanks for your quick response. But my main question is when moving the rear tire to the front will the computer sense the tire was rotated to the front? ex. the Warning Tpms will tell you if your front is low thinking it is the rear?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it will sense the tire was moved to the new position. Each wheel well has got a TPMS antenna communicating with that specific wheel sensor and identifying its serial number and current position (if it has changed because of a wheel change or tire rotation), this happens after a few minutes of driving around.

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it will sense the tire was moved to the new position. Each wheel well has got a TPMS antenna communicating with that specific wheel sensor and identifying its serial number and current position (if it has changed because of a wheel change or tire rotation), this happens after a few minutes of driving around.
Awesome, Just what I needed to know. I have an independent shop replacing brake pads front and rear right now and told him to rotate tires on vehicle. He wasn't sure if he needed to calibrate tires. He does not work on many land rovers, However I trust him on simple things and is Saving me a TON of money. both OEM pads, resurface all rotors, and new brake sensors for $610.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Resurrecting an old thread.

I replaced my front rotors with the standard EBC rotors (i.e. not slotted or drilled) and pads with EBC pads about 13 months and 12,000 miles ago.

My front rotors began showing signs of being warped about 1,000 miles ago, and it's only getting worse, with a steering wheel shimmy upon light braking on the highway (shimmy begins to go away with heavier braking).

Looking to swap these rotors out for something else. I'm leaning towards OEM rotors with Hawk brake pads, unless someone can sell me on something else. As I am still planning on keeping the LR4 for a while, thinking about buying rotors from FCP Euro so that I can essentially get free replacements every brake pad change.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tried many different rotors and had awful experiences with Raybetos especially. Currently I am running Zimmerman brake rotors (Made in Germany not China) and they have been good. About 1/2 cost of OEM LR stuff.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM