LR4 Favorite Year?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atlantaM3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On V8 powered 2010-13s the HD option won't be that easy to find (whether you pick Lux or non Lux should make little difference as the Heavy Duty pack was a self standing option on every trim), I had to special order mine from the UK in late 2012 because my dealer couldn't find a single one fitted with it in the Western US. If you have to settle for a 2010-13 V8 without HD, at least you know you'll only be giving up the electronic locking rear diff and a full size spare wheel.

On 2014-16s with the SCV6 engine however, no HD pack means no 2-speed transfer case AND no rear loclers, so the lack of HD should be a definite deal breaker (if you enjoy wheeling your Land Rovet regularly, of course.)

This - I had to search high and low to find one as I missed the cutoff to order one. turned out a dealer in NM had three, had to get one shipped to GA...

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slightly off topic but for the ones who have a 2012, how slow is your infotainment system.
I click on a button and it takes what seems to be forever to actually get to the next screen. My 2010 was much faster than this however it didn't look as "nice".

Yeah, that was a common complaint with the Gen 2.1 MOST infotainment system introduced on MY2012, which was addressed - up to a point - on 2013s with a faster processor. Mine still lags quite a bit, especially noticeable when scrolling through a playlist in audio/iPod mode or trying to type a street or city name in navigation. But I hear it's a noticeable improvement over the 2012s with the same system.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So not much to do to fix this it sounds like.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slightly off topic but for the ones who have a 2012, how slow is your infotainment system.
I click on a button and it takes what seems to be forever to actually get to the next screen. My 2010 was much faster than this however it didn't look as "nice".

Mine isn't too laggy, at least not enough to have bothered me at all.

I had a cheap rental yesterday for work that had Apple Carplay. I wish there was a way to put that in our LR4's. It's the closest thing I've ever seen to what I actually want.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI - Land Rover Colorado Springs has 3 LR4's with HD. One 2012 and two 2016's.

Usual disclaimer: I'm not associated with them, just know they regularly have HD's in stock as it is Colorado.
I live in the Springs and have bought several cars from Red Noland. They do seem to get a fair amount of HDs in. And I know they will ship. Ask for Rob Franco - he's very knowledgeable on Land Rovers (sadly the exception anymore in sales people) and great to work with.

-Rich

Georgemera1

Reaction score
I have the LR4 2012 Lux and the infotainment system is little slow to initiate only, it takes about 15 seconds or so, but after that it works Ok, not to fast but not to slow neither.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lemme pick your brains....

I found two of the taupe/tan/brown 2013s that I really like.

One is an HSE, 46K for $39K.

The other was an HSE LUX, with those gorgeous darker brown seats.
That one I think was 54K miles for $45K.

Neither CPO, both at CarMax.

Loved the LUX, but $45K seems high for the mileage.

I've been leaning towards the lower cost CPOs that I'm finding, but these two stuck out as being very nice looking. Haven't seen a lot of this color. Forgot about it, to be honest.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lemme pick your brains....

I found two of the taupe/tan/brown 2013s that I really like.

One is an HSE, 46K for $39K.

The other was an HSE LUX, with those gorgeous darker brown seats.
That one I think was 54K miles for $45K.

Neither CPO, both at CarMax.

Loved the LUX, but $45K seems high for the mileage.

I've been leaning towards the lower cost CPOs that I'm finding, but these two stuck out as being very nice looking. Haven't seen a lot of this color. Forgot about it, to be honest.

Wow, this is unchartered territory. It looks I've broke even after 2 years of driving it?? I would think of selling it if there was anything at all I'd rather have. It should really say something to LR execs about how much we like boxy V8s.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, this is unchartered territory. It looks I've broke even after 2 years of driving it?? I would think of selling it if there was anything at all I'd rather have. It should really say something to LR execs about how much we like boxy V8s.
So that tells me these are too high. :)

Most I'm finding are in the lower mileage $30-$39K range. I wasn't sure if there is something about that LUX that warrants such a high price. Maybe it's just a depreciation of an initially very high retail price.

Caught my eye because it's the first used one I've seen with the dark brown leather seats. Nice. But I see new LR4s for $65K, so it's a tough to swallow $45K for used out of warranty.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72