Lr4 Mpg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattypV50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive a 2011 LR4 in Toronto, Canada and when heading to the cottage with 2 kids, wife, big dog and loads of luggage I average 11.8 liters/100km which is around 20MPG. I usually drive around 114-118 km /h.

This a mix of probably 25 minutes city driving, 1.5 hours of highway with some stop and go traffic.

However, if I drive city only - oh man it get's bad

mko9

Reaction score
We have a '12 HSE truck. Last summer in July I drove from Alexandria, VA to San Antonio, TX (1500mi or so). Cruise control was set about 10 over - so 75 for most of the way, bumped up to 80 in Texas. In the end, my fuel efficiency was about 19.8mpg, dragged down by a day or so of driving around town in Shreveport, LA. It was really hot, so the A/C was going full blast. I had me and my dog, plus about 400lbs of gear. The only mod from stock was K&N filters and Rain-x on the window (it rained a lot).

On a side note, I did the Land Rover off road course in Asheville, NC. It was barely a detour, and free with the purchase of the truck. Well worth it, I had a great time. I've done tons of trackdays and auto-x, but never done the off road thing before.

Last edited:

Kamguy

Reaction score
My wife drove our 2011 LR4 HSE from Fort Lauderdale Fl. to Ann Arbor, Mi. 1348.5 miles averaging 21.1 mpg. I was amazed, but she does drive at the posted speed.
BK

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife drove our 2011 LR4 HSE from Fort Lauderdale Fl. to Ann Arbor, Mi. 1348.5 miles averaging 21.1 mpg. I was amazed, but she does drive at the posted speed.
BK

Ah ah ;) mine included a few hours stuck in traffic jams and also a few hours of 100mph+.

In the end they're doing pretty good for such a large engine. I have a LR2 loaner and it gets about 22mpg with conservative driving and down to 18.5 when blasting around…

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a LR2 loaner and it gets about 22mpg with conservative driving and down to 18.5 when blasting around…

I too have had an LR2 Loaner and for as miserable of a vehicle as that thing is to drive I expected to really see better mileage on the screen with that miserable little engine than what it told me. I was getting slightly better than you but to be as miserable as that thing was to drive I would really need to get near 30 to make it feel okay.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to get 20.4 MPG doing 70-80 in rolling mostly climbing terrain the other day with the SCV6.

Last edited:

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to get 20.4 MPG doing 70-80 in rolling mostly climbing terrain.

As for me it killed the mpg while I was racing these two guys (going from 90-120mph) for 65 miles between Albuquerque and Santa Fe. I think the elevation goes from 5,000ft to 7,something.

Last edited:

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have had an LR2 Loaner and for as miserable of a vehicle as that thing is to drive I expected to really see better mileage on the screen with that miserable little engine than what it told me. I was getting slightly better than you but to be as miserable as that thing was to drive I would really need to get near 30 to make it feel okay.

ha. Man you really hate that poor little thing :)

Actually truth be told, I hate that ugly car too.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I filled up with gas this morning and it was a pretty usual week of commuting for me so I figured I would throw these numbers up since I actually took the time to look at how many gallons I put in it.

Again, SCV6 2014MY:

Miles: 297.2
Gallons: 17.12
MPG: 17.36
Trip Computer: 18.7 MPG

Pretty decent discrepancy there. Pretty let down by the actual numbers. This is why I never do this exercise and just enjoy what the computer tells me!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72