Lr4 Mpg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I filled up with gas this morning and it was a pretty usual week of commuting for me so I figured I would throw these numbers up since I actually took the time to look at how many gallons I put in it.

Again, SCV6 2014MY:

Miles: 297.2
Gallons: 17.12
MPG: 17.36
Trip Computer: 18.7 MPG

Pretty decent discrepancy there. Pretty let down by the actual numbers. This is why I never do this exercise and just enjoy what the computer tells me!

Seems like there's not much of a gain with the SCV6... Kinda disappointing.
Let's not be mistaken I do not have anything against the SCV6 and I'm sure it's as capable as the V8 (if not more depending on the situation - yes, I'm a big fan of superchargers and turbochargers).

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I set my Trip Computer (B) when I started my road trip and left it alone. 6,000 miles. 18.3 MPG. Everything from off road driving to some city to plenty of highway. Most of the time with probably 200 lbs of cargo and about half the time with a 2nd person. Also most of the time I had a good size cargo bag on top of a Yakima rack on cross bars on the top. Plenty of mountains. Is that good or bad? Meh. Not great as my '14 MDX got 26-27 on the highway. But also not the 8-10 that my Dad gets in his RV when doing a similar road trip.

BTW, I had absolutely no power issues with the SCV6. A number of times I went from 55 or 60 to 90 in about 4 secs - no issue passing. No issues climbing with that load. But no trailer towing yet.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So for grins and giggles I did it again. I calculated my mileage. I thought it would be higher since the Computer was telling me 20.1 but hand calc brought it to 18 flat. Even larger discrepancy than last time. :hmpf:

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So for grins and giggles I did it again. I calculated my mileage. I thought it would be higher since the Computer was telling me 20.1 but hand calc brought it to 18 flat. Even larger discrepancy than last time. :hmpf:
Clearly someone is siphoning gas out of your tank at night. ;)

Actually, that reminds me of a practical joke from college many moons ago. A guy would always brag about the fuel efficiency of his car, so, some friends started to put gas IN his tank every night. The more they put in, the more he'd brag about how amazing the car performed that week. Then they suddenly stopped and never told him about it. Poor guy wracked his head trying to figure out how to get back the awesome MPG he had experienced...
:hahaha:

Last edited:

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I forget, but are you running stock tire size? If not, did you take that into account?

My tires are somewhere around 5% larger diameter, so I am getting a little more than what the car thinks, since the speedo is also off.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forget, but are you running stock tire size? If not, did you take that into account?

My tires are somewhere around 5% larger diameter, so I am getting a little more than what the car thinks, since the speedo is also off.

Which reminds me. I now have different wheels/tires. I've never worried about adjusting the odo/speedo on a car before. Is that something I need to have the dealer do?

On the gas mileage, I'm disappointed I didn't record my gas purchases on my 6K mile trip. I am thinking that it would be best to record the average over a number of fill ups. I had set the "B" trip meter for the trip. Had I recorded the number of gallons I purchased it would have been easy to total them up. Alas, I did not.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never bothered asking a dealer about adjusting my odo. I just know its off by a little, but I don't worry about it.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Nope, stock tires.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72