LR4 vs GX460 vs GL450

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4mywife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny, these are a few of the vehicles I'm looking at for my.....

Wife this fall. We've already tested the GL450, and the LR4 (LR 4 being the one we like the best so far!), and we are waiting for the new Q7's to hit before we make a final decision. We drive a 2007 X5 currently, and won't be considering a 2011 X5. It's great to see the comparo here, and especially the results. I was just thinking the other day that it was "about time" I seen a comparison that included the LR4. I was / am very curious how others stacked up the beast against it's competition.

Thanks for posting the link!

Cheers,

Joe

lr4l

Reaction score
Im also curious how LR4 will stacke up against 2011 Infiniti QX56, these are of the vehicles I'm looking to replce my '03 Sequoia

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The QX56 drove very nice (2010) and was a very serious contender for us...but just too big--plain and simple too big....and we just got rid of a 2009 sequoia! The QX565 just seemed larger...but much nicer drive than the sequoia and more mannered and smooth than the LR4.
The Q7 we loved!! I wanted this car! It was just the price...too much after we were all said and done with what we wanted. We were really set of keeping our price down. Also, and this was a deal breaker...the front seats were SO uncomfortable...similar to the VW Toureg. The bottom seat cushion seat bolsters on the sides of the seat cushion are just so firm and the seat somewhat narrow--just could not get comfy in it. But, I just came out of a lexus lx570...and im used to a different type of seat comfort i think.

jpljpl

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Looks like the Lexo won the long-jump competition though. Damn...

luxury-suv-comparison-lexus-gx-460-in-air.jpg

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As awesome as this review is and how i love to read it over and over, just remember (as stated in the review) this is a comparison of off roading capability...not a usual head to head comparison. I would have been disapointed if LR4 did not win!

KWM

Reaction score
Notice in the picture that they removed the running boards from the Lexus for this test. They would have quickly been damaged in the off road part of the test.

I looked at the Lexus, but I can't understand making the running boards standard on a vehicle designed for off roading. It suggests that Lexus planners don't really expect their customers to ever do any real 4-wheeling.

Kevin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM