MT/R 19 finally here??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PicnSav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I have been waiting for that. And at a good price.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you buy the tires or come across any pictures of the actual size we would use, please post them! I would love to see how much tread they actually have with the low profile size of our wheels.

Also be curious to hear how their highway performance is (as I like the looks and the utility, but wouldn't be one to swap them out for road tires before/after trips)

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great!!! I finally bite the bullet and get 18" rims and Coops and NOW they offer these puppies in the U.S.

I think that long term I'd want to find an 18" size that fits the LR3 and do the same bolt-on/bolt-off system that I use now, rather than running these on the highway. So, I'd keep running the Synchrones on the 19" rims and swap out the wheels/tires when I want to go wheelin.

No matter what people say about on-road performance of these MT/Rs, they won't be as good as the Synchrones. I do wish I had LR rims in the 18" size instead of the aftermarket ones I have, mainly for the built-in beadlock...but that's okay. When I air down it's not really necessary to go below 25 psi or so.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...I do wish I had LR rims in the 18" size instead of the aftermarket ones I have, mainly for the built-in beadlock...but that's okay. When I air down it's not really necessary to go below 25 psi or so.
what's a "built in beadlock"?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is basically, from what I understand, a part of the rim that makes it really difficult for the tire to come off of the metal. This allows you to really air down your tires and not have to worry about losing a bead (latching between your tire and rim).

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you buy the tires or come across any pictures of the actual size we would use, please post them! I would love to see how much tread they actually have with the low profile size of our wheels.

Also be curious to hear how their highway performance is (as I like the looks and the utility, but wouldn't be one to swap them out for road tires before/after trips)
Here is a photo of a 19" MTR with about 18,000 Canadian miles on it.
100140248_9kBGE-L-3.jpg

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i had originally planned to go with 18's on bf goodrich all terrains. but am considering this as an option do these give you any extra ground clearance or are they the same diameter as my syncromes. i'm not a extremely serious off roader but enjoy the occasional trail what are you suggestions on this. going with just tires is definitely more cost effective.

noah

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do these give you any extra ground clearance or are they the same diameter as my syncromes.
Noah - they are the same size at the stock 19" tires (255/55R19) so they won't provide any additional ground clearance (whereas the BFGs would). Having said that, the MTRs just look sweet.

-Rich

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72