MT/R 19 finally here??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look great!

Any feedback on highway ride? I don't expect it to be as good as the syncrones, but as long as the noise isn't awful and the ride/MPG isn't greatly affected...it would be a consideration when my Michelins wear out. Nice looking tire and I'm sure would greatly increase offroad traction.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is basically, from what I understand, a part of the rim that makes it really difficult for the tire to come off of the metal. This allows you to really air down your tires and not have to worry about losing a bead (latching between your tire and rim).

Thanks! Makes me feel much better about airing down these low profile tires.
When I stay at the beach for a week I usually drop them to 20ish and leave them there for the week. Too much of a pain to pump up and air down every time I go on and off the beach. I just don't take hard turns, enjoy the cushy ride, and inflate before I leave Hatteras.

paxpose

Reaction score
anyone know if the 19" wheel have beadlocks too?
or just the 18"??

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All factory Land Rover wheels have the internal flanges that help lock in the beads.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they're severe weather rated? (i.e. mountain w/snowflake symbol)

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anybody else tempted to run the 275/65-18's? Is anyone out there running this size?

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen a number of LR3's with the more aggressive Cooper Discoverer STT's in 275/65/18, which is 32.07" in total diameter, though they get some rubbing on the rear wheels under full compression. A good rule of thumb is to keep it under 31.5" total diameter to avoid rubbing.

Cooper Discoverers in 275/65/18
CooperDiscoverersonan05LR32.jpg

CooperDiscoverersonan05LR33.jpg

CooperDiscoverersonan05LR34.jpg

CooperDiscoverersonan05LR3.jpg

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spiker ran these for a short while. Even with a software hack for a permanent 1" higher running height, he was rubbing.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if they only rub under full compresion the height sensor mod for 2" would due the trick
for the cooper stt. try 10mm if still rubbing 12mm would work for sure

Ihave thought about running them. I am between these and the 285 coopers when my avons wear out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo