New '12 LR4 HSE Indus Silver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cuteytt

Reaction score
Hilarious, but isn't that the truth?! In my X5, there's no way the two seats would've fit side by side, especially before my daughter moved to a booster. When we just had one, she sat in the center, but with two, we've always had them in the outboard positions. I guess, in this car, we could've put them next to each other, but they would just bother each other to no end and there's nothing more distracting than your kids fighting in the backseat.

alegrialv

Reaction score
Love the wheels on the pics...thisisme. Really nice truck. What roof racks do you have there?

thisisme

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm really loving it. It's such a vast improvement over my prior '06 HSE.

The roof rack is standard OEM. The truck is 2012, lux with black lacquer wood, vision assist, HD package and 20" wheels.

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
If her kids are anything like mine I'd imagine it's because they'd be smacking each other 5 minutes into the car ride :biggrin:

Yeah, I will be there soon I'm sure. Our two little ones are too young to be smacking each other just yet.

The reason I ask is because I noticed the middle seat of the LR4 doesn't have dedicated LATCH hooks. The salesman said you'd either have to double-up on one of the outboard seats (which I'm not sure is recommended or even legal) or use the seatbelt method to secure a car seat (which I don't want to do because the LATCH is a lot easier to work with).

The other reason I ask is because if I put two car seats adjacent to one another in the second row, is there still room enough to fold down the remaining seat in order to access the third row?

cuteytt

Reaction score
Yeah, I will be there soon I'm sure. Our two little ones are too young to be smacking each other just yet.

The reason I ask is because I noticed the middle seat of the LR4 doesn't have dedicated LATCH hooks. The salesman said you'd either have to double-up on one of the outboard seats (which I'm not sure is recommended or even legal) or use the seatbelt method to secure a car seat (which I don't want to do because the LATCH is a lot easier to work with).

The other reason I ask is because if I put two car seats adjacent to one another in the second row, is there still room enough to fold down the remaining seat in order to access the third row?

I am not 100% sure, but I read somewhere online that you are not supposed to "borrow" latch hooks from adjacent seats (so you're right, the middle seat in the LR4 does not have latch, and it would not be safe to use the outboard latch hooks to install a carseat in that center location).

Also, once your child reaches 40 lbs, I think most carseat manufacturers recommend that you secure the seat using the seatbelt versus latch. My son is 33 lbs, but I have his Frontier 85 seat buckled in with the seatbelt currently. I was previously misinformed and thought that the latch limit was based on the combined weight of the child and the seat, but recent research seems to indicate the 40-lb limit is the child alone.

As for putting two carseats adjacent to one another and whether you can still fold the third seat down, I think that will depend on your carseats and their widths. Britax seats are usually pretty wide. Sorry, not much help here.

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum cuteytt! And congratulations on your new LR4! I saw the pictures posted of your color and it is gorgeous!! I have a two year old and we hope to have another one in a year or two so I will be in your same carseat position! Glad to hear everything fits so nicely.

Thanks for the great post... I'm sure there will be many who will find it helpful :)

Congrats again and all the best!! Nothing in the world like an LR4!!!

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score

no middle latch, but the seat belt method works fine. it's easier than using the latch. i have a full size kid seat on the right and baby car seat in the middle, 3rd seat has room to fold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM