NEW, LR3 Roof Rack!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is used for flooring, plywood, or is there something better? I like the rack because it extends further forward making it good for lights. But you're right, it's pretty huge to take on and off. I'd like to have a low profile one made that had side rails that were removeable or could fold down or something to get in the garage. But so far I've only gotten as far as thinking about it...

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't provide a link for it at the moment, but it's a plastic sheeting that is more like a grate. Try Atlantic British or Rovers North websites

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love this one! It's a bit more then I want to spend... Seen anything similar? Have any suggestions?

http://www.roveraccessories.com/roofracks1.htm

p-roofrackA1-big.jpg

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That rack doesn't exist. It's vaporware. I tried to buy it a while back. Met the fabricator, tried really hard to get one, etc...but no. There is only that one prototype in existence, and it's currently in Texas I think. Same for the H3 rack. I really liked that one, wanted it modified for my truck. Had cash in hand, but at that time, Charlie (Rover Accessories) was going through major life transitiions and never followed through.

If you want something similar, check out 4wheelparts.com. There are several rack manufactures that make basket type racks that will mount to a Thule or Yakima load bar and fit the LR3.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That rack doesn't exist. It's vaporware. I tried to buy it a while back. Met the fabricator, tried really hard to get one, etc...but no. There is only that one prototype in existence, and it's currently in Texas I think. Same for the H3 rack. I really liked that one, wanted it modified for my truck. Had cash in hand, but at that time, Charlie (Rover Accessories) was going through major life transitiions and never followed through.

If you want something similar, check out 4wheelparts.com. There are several rack manufactures that make basket type racks that will mount to a Thule or Yakima load bar and fit the LR3.

Wow, interesting. I spoke with Charlie today said he could ship it this afternoon. Hmmmm...

fyi... 4wheelparts.com has no compatible racks...

Last edited:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool! Maybe things have smoothed out and he is back in business.

Edit: My advice is to only pay nothing more than a deposit until you have the product in your hands. He just flaked out too many times on me to give him a very positive reccommendation. He is a Land Rover purist, a good guy, and a great talent, but not the most committed fellow.

Last edited:

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Brownchurch racks are available in the U.S.??
Much thanks. DD

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check Rovers North website. Search "roof racks". Had mine in about a week. One word
of warning on this rack though. If you have the PTI antena on the back you will have to
modify the rack before you put it on. Couldn't Slide it forward enough to avoid the antena
so I had to cut 5 inch section of the rear crossbar.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM