New to LR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chief Justice

Reaction score
I'm almost identical to Houm WA. I like buying new. I know it has been taken care of and broken in properly. Not the most cost efficient way to do things but a piece of mind has value to me.

I got a brand new 08 HSE loaded with every option available (unfortunately except HD) for $44,000. List was almost $57k.

I'm happy and I love it!

brbanks1

Reaction score
Another quick question, should I go HSE or SE, I really would like the DVD NAV but do I need everything else that, HSE has to offer?

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another quick question, should I go HSE or SE, I really would like the DVD NAV but do I need everything else that, HSE has to offer?

If you just want NAV, the SE can be optioned with NAV. The only thing from the HSE that was tempting to me was the stereo upgrade (13 speakers vs. 9 + more power), which simply isn't available in SE spec trim. There are a few other options as well - ie, the HIDs are available in a slightly different form and can shift with the steering, and I believe that the driver's seat has an extra dimension of movement. I'm sure some of the more knowledgeable members will chime in with a detailed list if you are interested...

brbanks1

Reaction score
Ok so, if I buy used can I have the dealer install the DVD based NAV system. and is the 4X4 info center a must have?

trackstar

Reaction score
Ok so, if I buy used can I have the dealer install the DVD based NAV system. and is the 4X4 info center a must have?

I don't think you can retrofit the dvd nav, but someone wiser will chime in. Just get a Garmin...I have one in a beanbag mount on the shelf at the top of the center stack, like it was made to sit there!

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Retrofitting the NAV is tough to do on the LR3 (with factory NAV.) The HSE has memory seats, upgraded leather, adaptive HIDS, and the upgraded stereo. :) Oh and the 19"s are standard on the HSE.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
19" is standard on all 09s as well i have ben told

brbanks1

Reaction score
Thats pretty sweet, I just cant see myself buying a brand new vehicle. I think im wanting an 06-07 HSE.. Also if i buy from a dealer out of state, will all other dealers values the LR warranty?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM