Noisy sunroof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

captgww

The sunroof, when open is much noiser than I remember other cars being. Really intolerable whn on the highway. Is this common???

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's common for sunroofs that open out instead of into the roof. This sunroof is basically worthless, is noisy and barely opens anyway. I'd consider it a large vent.

H

Houm_WA

I guess opinions vary, I love the sunroof....even the noise.

I previously had a Mitsubish Montero, which had a HUGE sunroof (I am talking at least 3' long and 2' wide)....circa 1997, check it out....but the problem was that the FWD edge of the sunroof was behind the driver's head. Talk about diminishing return ! I had the LR3 sunroof open the other day and felt the sun on my face and it was nice. So maybe size doesn't matter after all...???

Anyhow, as for the noise, I just kind of like the sound of open air....gives me a Jeep feeling. I would hardly call it "intolerable." Be careful, you're starting to sound a bit like a primadonna.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually have the radio up and don't notice it! :)

(of course, I did like my old sunroof which opened inside the vehicle and provided a bigger opening. it'd also close automatically if you wanted it to whenever you took the key out of the ignition.)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99