Non-LR4 Land Rover OEM wheel options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New to the forums but seeing a lot of good info on wheels and tires I wish I had seen last summer when I was struggling with this decision...

Not willing to go to an 18" wheel yet myself I found these Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 255/55R19 last summer and I have to say I have really enjoyed them. Very little difference in road noise over stock (I was expecting huge) smooth ride and great in mud, rock and snow here in CO. They fit the exact same footprint of stock so I get no rubbing on the inside at all.

I dig the aggressive look of these tires as well but some may find it a bit too much...

Justin

Thanks for posting the pictures of the 19" Duratrac's. Other than Official Land Rover pictures I have not seen many people with them. Price seems to be reasonable and OEM 19" Wheels are even cheaper than the 20's. As long as you don't want to upsize it makes great sense to run the 19's as once you damage one that are cheap to replace.

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm also on Duratrac's. They **** it in the snow and ice. But they are super soft compared to the Conti's. It really dampers the ride and handling, which is okay in the winter and on the trail, but I'm currently looking for a summer solution. I'd like to get some summer tires slapped on a set of OEM wheels.

Here are my Duratrac's, although I'm pretty sure I've posted these pics elsewhere on the forums:

GYDuraTracsonLR42_zps83ca0566.jpg

GYDuraTracsonLR41_zpsbb52b9b0.jpg

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm also on Duratrac's. They **** it in the snow and ice. But they are super soft compared to the Conti's. It really dampers the ride and handling, which is okay in the winter and on the trail, but I'm currently looking for a summer solution. I'd like to get some summer tires slapped on a set of OEM wheels.

I had these tires in a 35" equivalent on my JKUR. They are a pretty soft tire and were wearing a little quickly on it.

How are they wearing on the LR4 with the hefty weight of the vehicle?

How many miles are you expecting to get out of them?

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had these tires in a 35" equivalent on my JKUR. They are a pretty soft tire and were wearing a little quickly on it.

How are they wearing on the LR4 with the hefty weight of the vehicle?

How many miles are you expecting to get out of them?

They seem to be wearing well, but my miles have been low and my driving is pretty light. My wild-ass guess for tire life is 25k or 30k.

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update!

19x9 RRS wheels on 255/55/19. They're great.

image2_zpscsycbs5q.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72