OEM LR side protection tubes VTD500010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ohhh okay yeah it looks gloss black in the picture hahaha I know lighting and angles can make colours look well different like #thedress hahahaha.

I've been thinking of wrapping, or plastidipping in white the roof of my tonga green LR3 (think a defender-like look) and tbh your LR4 is inspiring me to give it a try!

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
exactly, yeah the grill, vents and everything from the windows up are gloss black. I actually left the top black to give it a Defender/landcruiser removable top, two tone type look. Yeah give it a try! I would for sure recommend wrapping though, would hate to see you have to cut off your roof to dip it ;-)

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...How long does the wrap last?

Thanks!

Surprising you haven't heard of it. Most of the matte vehicles you see on the road have been wrapped. Commercial vehicles etc that have graphics and text on them are wrapped. It is just a thin layer of vinyl that is heated and stretched while being stuck on like a sticker basically. Just google 3m vinyl wrap application and care...
Very cool. I didn't know this was out there (I have seen the ad wrapped cars) and it was an interesting read.

My concern is always how permanent and how easy it is to remove if it doesn't last the life of the vehicle. I read this description that it is a pain in the ass to take off! LOL

All is needed is a heat source, preferably a heat gun, some experience and a lot of patience....
The wrap needs to be heated to reach a certain degree and pulled back slowly in a 45 degree angle. Using both hands with the fingers spread open so contact is made to the most of the surface of the film while pulling back. Do not yank the film. If the car wrap has been on the vehicle for more than 3 years then there is a chance that the adhesion is pretty strong, yanking the film may cause separation from the vinyl and laminate....

Sorry to steer your topic off on a tangent. It's a nice looking truck and I was curious what mods you had made.

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool. I didn't know this was out there (I have seen the ad wrapped cars) and it was an interesting read.

My concern is always how permanent and how easy it is to remove if it doesn't last the life of the vehicle. I read this description that it is a pain in the ass to take off! LOL

Sorry to steer your topic off on a tangent. It's a nice looking truck and I was curious what mods you had made.

Yeah the longer it's on and the more sun exposure it gets the harder removal will be. I don't plan to remove mine. If I do it would be to rewrap it due to an issue, so if the clear coat was harmed it wouldn't matter much.

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dark grey with aluminum accents and a black top... now that is good taste, lol! Just a bit more refined though.. and my stitching isn't near as dramatic. :)

Attachments

• IMG_5705.jpg
    IMG_5705.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5703.jpg
    IMG_5703.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 68

SmallwoodDR82

Reaction score
Not trying to steal this post but has anyone installed these on a 2015+ LR4? Just picked one up and everything I'm seeing says they work on LR4 up to 2014. Mine has the wings errr... side steps and I'd like to ditch them for these but not 100% sure they will fit.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72