Portable compressor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, now that I am looking at real tires, has anyone installed a second or portable air compressor for inflating your tires after a trail ride?

Last edited:

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might look at buying a CO2 set up, yes more expensive but many times faster and you can even run power tools off it.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike, I will definitely look into.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed after years of off roading I am finally planning to get a power tank or similar setup.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it depends on your level of commitment... I go wheeling maybe a total of 20 days per year on a good year, and many of those outings are multi-day events where I don't bother airing up until it's time to head back home. I have seen CO2 tanks at work, even used one kindly lent to me to make quick work of a plugged flat on a trail once instead of pulling out my compressor, and they are pretty awesome.

However, it does take a level of commitment to have a scuba diving-sized tank installed on a bracket somewhere in your trunk 24/7 (you could leave it home when you are not wheeling I guess, but then you'd feel like an idiot if you needed it on your way to work one day and were forced to call AAA instead...) So far I have stuck to my cheapo MasterFlow MV-1050, for 60/70 bucks it does the job just fine - although much more slowly than a CO2 tank and of more high-end portable compressor such as the Viairs. I've been wheeling more or less regularly for 6-7 years now, and I've only blown through one unit so far (and a fair number of 30 amp fuses that sometimes blow when I run it for too long, but fuses are cheap and I have a pouch full of them in the compressor bag.) For a $120/130 total investment, I am still way ahead of the game compared to higher end compressors and Power tanks. And I have found I can stash it in the crawl space between second and lowered third row of seats of my LR4, along with my ARB flat tire repair kit, pressure gauge and Staun deflators, so it's always with me but out of sight when I don't need it.

Last edited:

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2007090510520376651_lrg.jpg

i went to the drag races and my buddy had one of these. worked well and FAST!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635