Rear wiper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear wiper is getting weaker and weaker over the last few months.
Anyone have any issues with the motor? I assume my motor is about to die.
2005 se 55k on the clock.

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue, dealer replaced it under warranty, think mine went out around 40K miles. The dealer did mention this was a known issue.

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does yours make a crazy noise and freeze in the straight up position? If not it won't be long. I have 71,000 on mine and just replaced it with one I found on ebay. It cost me about 45 bucks. I believe they are like 375 from LR. Very easy fix.

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually paid 32.00 for it and 25 for shipping. Got it from a guy in Canada and beats the hell out of ordering it from my dealer. He seems to have quite a bit of LR and RR Gear and Parts. I can send him an email and inquire about another if you like.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to contact him as well for a few parts. how do i find him? thanks.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Send me his info I would like to get my hands on a new motor
thanks. Ya it sticks all over the place.

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hold up on ordering that new wiper motor. I found the culprit that is causing the gears in the wiper motors to fail. Take a look at your rear wiper arm. Notice the pivot point in the arm that allows you to bend the arm away from the window.(Where the spring holds tension). Move it back and forth to see if it seems stiff. Apparently it forms abit of corrosion in that joint on the wiper arm. So when the wiper arms swings back and forth across the rear window the wiper gets stuck against the window. Makes sense when the wiper gets in the upright position it tends to slow down. I used CRC corrosion cleaner and applied a good marine lubricant. If you rear motor isn't making a terrible grinding noise but appears its dying or slowing down this should fix it. Now if it sounds like gremlins are attacking your rear bumper it might be time to replace. Just remember to address the wiper arm issue as well or you will find your self with the same problem. Hope this helps. Cheers!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90