Removing cover from drivers side pillar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...forgot what its called...but the large pillar on either side of the windshield. Anyway, I had a parking pass tucked in the little plastic ticket/pass holder. It seemed like a good place for it! This particular annual pass is pretty much a plastic credit card. So, I reach to get it this weekend, and when I lift up on the tab the card drops straight down and disappears!

Its either in my dash or behind the cover.

I noticed on the DVD install instructions you can pull this pillar cover off on the passenger side to hide wiring. Can you also do this on the driver's side? I started to peak underneath it and found myself staring at my airbag, so I covered it up.

Thoughts on how to get the card out? (its in the pillar or the dash)

Thanks,
-todd

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are talking about the pillars the parking clips are attached to... yes, both covers can be removed easily. You need a Torx star screwdriver; the screw is behind the airbag logo.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, the pillars and parking clips. Okay, so I pry up that plastic "airbag" logo and I'll find some screws. Got it.

I was a bit tentative to pry up anything with the words "airbag" on it! As you could understand.....

...hopefully I find my parking pass under there!

T

texas911

I wish that part of the trim was hard plastic instead of the mouse fur. Also the sun visor, wish that was plastic also. Seems to attract dirt. Just saying.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice.

The pillar came off easily.
The airbag didn't explode. :)
And the annual pass was easily recovered by a screwdriver with a piece of sticky tape on the end of it....

t4y4nn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM