Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few photos from the weekend trip.

7A5F5116-137E-4928-8D44-59D802B6617E_zpsviab6bv0.jpg

61C77FA7-FFD5-4702-8E5D-0858317D7A12_zpsljvhj3dr.jpg

A8C6AEEA-5C3F-4B93-90EB-5DF9769062AD_zpsu5hppazl.jpg

0CB2B005-C445-43C2-A3C9-EA9C0AE248AF_zpsy0zitoka.jpg

Just awesome! Loks like fun!!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ARB is still available, but the Kaymar (rear) bumper is not. I know some folks in my rover club did contact Kaymar and they are willing to ship to the U.S., but the shipping was close to $600 to CA from Melbourne, Australia. It's too bad they have no more US distributors.

Just an FYI, Eric from Tactical 4x4 is fitting their LR3 rear bumper to an LR4 customer in southern CA. He is going to let me know how it goes, but it will require a bit of modification.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ARB is still available, but the Kaymar (rear) bumper is not. I know some folks in my rover club did contact Kaymar and they are willing to ship to the U.S., but the shipping was close to $600 to CA from Melbourne, Australia. It's too bad they have no more US distributors.

Just an FYI, Eric from Tactical 4x4 is fitting their LR3 rear bumper to an LR4 customer in southern CA. He is going to let me know how it goes, but it will require a bit of modification.

I would imagine if that rover club did a group buy, the shipping cost would come down big time. When you get into larger freight it is about the size, not so much the weight. You could pallet up quite a few units and save vs shipping individually.

El Solis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might be down with a group buy on the Kaymar. Don't have a need for it now and in the current garage situation it won't work (we back in and there isn't enough room for the swing away tire to open) but to save some $$ it might be worth it to get it and store it.

LOMartin

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yes, I meant the Kaymar.

I would love if an american company Tactical 4x4 would produce a quality product such as the Kaymar; as long as it is bolt on without cutting up the truck.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of my 2011 LR4 HSE that I just posted on Instagram, etc.

Caption:

"On way home from routine morning airport run. Stopped at a spot I had sped past thousands of times before over the 32 years I've lived here. Trying to do more of that these days. #RoadLessTraveled #LandRover #AboveAndBeyond #WellStoried — at Fort Marcy Park."

--Chris

10987339_10204834389594569_6355659982598803919_o.jpg

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes! There is something about our LR4 that makes me want to see things and go places that I haven't considered before. Nice pic.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Dan.

This is the reason that (even though I love my wife), I enjoy solo road trips so much. She's the type who wants to get there. I'm the type who enjoys the journey, likes reading the occasional roadside marker, can't resist an inviting dirt path off the main road, willing to stop and take a photo, loves a greasy spoon outpost and some conversation with the locals, etc. The LR4 can pull up to any of these scenarios and be right at home.

I'm stepping up my behavioral modification efforts with the wifey. This fall we will be thrown headfirst into empty nest-hood. I need to keep selling the benefits of road-tripping my style...

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am right there with you, Chris. My wife is pretty good with all this - to a limit. (It helps that we have now been empty nesters for nearly 10 years and that I tell here that our going exploring together is better than me disappearing for 5 hours to play golf.) But I have to be careful. I got so excited with all this last summer that I nearly burned her out. Too often I turned the conversation to where I want to go next or what I want to do with the truck or how we could go camping or maybe we need a trailer or ... and then taking her on "drives" that last 8-10 hours because I kept finding another dirt track I wanted to explore. So, yes, I end up doing a fair number of "solo" trips as well. But if I keep things in balance she comes along - and we have a great time!

Attachments

• Ouray 2014 (Canon) -4.jpg
    Ouray 2014 (Canon) -4.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0367.jpg
    IMG_0367.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 3I1A2435.jpg
    3I1A2435.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 101

Members online

Forum statistics