Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings all, new to the forum. Inspired by all the trucks I've been lurking on here for quite some time.

Picked up my (new to me) 2013 LR4 LUX black out package last year and finally am getting around to post on the forum.

From a quick little trip to Joshua Tree:

jtree1_cropped.jpg

jtree2_cropped.jpg

Getting rid of these stock 19"s for some Compomotive 18" PD1881's shortly I hope.

I'm in love with this truck. I fill the inside with dogs and strap everything else down on the roof.

Looks great! BTW, we've got a couple of those same chairs you all are setting up. I keep them in the back of the truck nearly all the time. You never know when the truck may take you some place where you want to just stop and sit for a while as you take in the view.

Attachments

• 8S2A3125.jpg
    8S2A3125.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 66

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First time poster and new to the forum... Looking forward to the snow melting here in CO!

Started doing some trail riding a few years ago when I moved from NC to CO and REALLY getting hooked and LOVE my LR4. Cool to find an owners group to share ideas with. As for my rig so far... Added a Baja Exp Rack and switched to the Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 255/55R19 mounted on the standard HSE LUX 14-spoke wheels.

Just ordered the Mt Shasta roof top tent from CVT which is supposed to be here next week and will install rock sliders before the snow melts. I keep seeing a "built-in" winch in the front bumper on some of these photos. I would love to know how hard/invasive that is to install if anyone has been through the process.

Most of my adventures on the ground are done in CO. Here are a few pics from some of our favorite rides last summer up at Argentine Pass outside of Georgetown, CO.

Justin

Truck looks good. Love the pics of our state! Especially the one with the family. Haven't done Argentine Pass. (Not that comfortable with heights and its only my first year off roading.) But there are certainly a lot of places to go in CO!

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PJF - looks like we both have great taste in our Frontrunner gears :)

15733444720_99dbaee884_h.jpg

jdillon

Reaction score
Truck looks good. Love the pics of our state! Especially the one with the family. Haven't done Argentine Pass. (Not that comfortable with heights and its only my first year off roading.) But there are certainly a lot of places to go in CO!

Thanks Dan! Argentine is a fun one. Nothing difficult at all until you get well above the tree line and the old abandoned gold mines (use to be a rail bed long ago) and even past that just two spots that you will use 4L to crawl up as you reach the ridge line summit. Even if you just drive up to the mines its a really fun trip and worth the drive. The kids like digging around for souvenirs up there. Once the snow melts its a pretty popular camping spot for many so there is quite a bit of friendly help you will pass on most weekends along the way should you need it.

I will say coming back down those two spots from the top the down hill assist mode is your friend!

P.S.- watch out for the sharp rocks up there. I did blow out a side wall on our last trip in late fall but within 30 seconds of it happening literally I had two other guys coming up opposite direction that were eager to help change the spare.

jdillon

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and thanks for bringing the goods with those tasty shots. I especially liked the one of the LR4 atop the ridge, and almost missed the chopper overhead which lent an additional element of adventure and remoteness to the shot. Well done. --Chris

Thanks Chris and nice to meet you! To be honest I forgot the chopper was in the photo... I'm pretty impressed you spotted that actually. We drove until the road ended that day and decided to hike up the rest of the way. Just when I decided to turn and snap a few photos that AStar Eurocopter came screaming by right along the ridge line. Have no idea what they were doing out there as Argentine Pass is in the middle of nowhere...

Appreciate the comments and great catch!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM