Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TCM75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At last, my new LR4

...and also my first LR product. I just picked it up on Saturday and am really thrilled with so many things about it. The ride is truly amazing. My main concern was the lack of space compared to the Suburban I was previously driving. The girls are not quite as "gear-intensive" as they used to be at 6.5, 5, and 5 years old, so it is really not a factor.

Take a look (may need to brush up on posting photos)...

IMG_5021.JPG

IMG_5020.JPG

IMG_0798.JPG

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The two-tone leather seats look fantastic. Why didn't they think of them sooner?

I have 5-yo twin girls, too (and a 10-yo big sister.) Plenty of room for all 3 princesses in the second row.

TCM75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes Umbertob, three girls are wonderful, although it is very hard for them to avoid marking up the back of the front seats. I am going to have to look into some sort of protection.

I actually ordered a 2014 (white and black) and then decided to postpone until this year. Good thing, because on one of my many visits back to the website I saw the two-tone option and really liked how it looked. It's even better in person.

Originally I was not going to put running boards on and go for sliders with a step, however since they became standard in '15 I will leave them on until I decide I really need the protection (my primary off-road will be dirt and snow).

Next up are a set of DuraTracs...and possibly something that allows the front tow hook to be more accessible.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I, too, like the 2-tone leather. Are the backs of the seats 2-tones as well? I also like the Blue. We don't see that color very often. (I think it's blue, right?)

As for the running boards, if you aren't really doing boulder crawling they're probably fine. And I expect it helps you girls jump in.

I have to believe you will enjoy driving this more than a Suburban. The interior space to exterior dimensions ratio is outstanding on the LR4. And if you need to but a cargo basket or box on top it is easy to do and easy to access because 1) you can lower the LR4 much lower than a Suburban and 2) it's easy to hop up on the tailgate to access things on the roof.

Can't imagine raising girls. I know it can be awesome. But I only had uncles, brothers and sons. I wouldn't have a clue.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am digging the two-tone as well.
I went a bought 2 seat protectors from Babies-R-US. they are not the best looking thinks but work great. My youngest insist the back of my seat is her personal karate kick board...
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=17078566&cp=&parentPage=search
I have two girls 5 and 2. it's a different experience, but I wouldn't change it for the world.
Definitely changes you outlook on certain things.
Also that is where Maximus (My LR4) got his name my 5yo (3 at the time of christening) named him after the horse in Tangled :)
Who am I to argue with a three year old ;)
She also thinks my wife's BMW is Max's girlfriend...

smorris

Reaction score
Off topic, but quoting myself from a few pages back.

Thanks for all the great photos, gang! It helps with my desire to get a off-lease 2013 sometime over the next year. I've followed a couple of you on Instagram, so if you see TheMorrisGarage, that's me. I was using another Instagram account (avonweather), but created a new one to keep my interests separate.

Any other LR4 Instagram folks around?
Steve

OK, sorry to do this to those of you who have added my Instagram account. I'm changing it (again) away from an account with my name and to a new account specific to exploring the USA.

My old Instagram account, which you should probably unfollow, is themorrisgarage

My new Instagram account is Explore_the_USA

Now, back to those great photos!

Thanks,
Steve

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM