Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you !!!! I ordered it.... Can't wait for my disco to be finally a disco :)
I should install my black lettering I bought a while back and never applied it... I have some black OEM to match my black pack. I also have a couple V8 letters. On my 2011, I did the front "Land Rover" lettering and it was pretty easy.

HikeNBike, how did you get it even in the back - did you tape up a template? The fairing does look good and it's my only complaint about my full-sized roof rack - it is so damn noisy!!!! Oh well, I need to live with it because I am putting four RIGID Duallys on the front of my rack on the tabs and two in the back next month.

Awesome looking rig - I did not even see your Discovery 4 lettering until I looked again... I think I want to finally dig mine out and do it, but need some hints on getting them even. I had a hard time.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rims and Tires on

Here it is.
Thanks Brandon for the photo edit ;)

image.jpg

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One more

A side view

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 133

Disco4Play

Reaction score
The Discovery 4 lettering was already on a template. Just place where you want and peel away. It was very easy. I get lots of questions about how I got a disco over here in the states. :)

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Axel,

The wheels/tires look awesome! Sorry I am just getting a chance to check out the boards. Great choice!

-David

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Axel,

The wheels/tires look awesome! Sorry I am just getting a chance to check out the boards. Great choice!

-David

Thanks David.

I'm really happy so far.
I get some rubbing against the metal parts in the wheel wells at full lock... Might solve the problem with the IIDTool or cut them off...

Axel

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks David.

I'm really happy so far.
I get some rubbing against the metal parts in the wheel wells at full lock... Might solve the problem with the IIDTool or cut them off...

Axel

Looks great, Axel. Are those 18"? If so, did you end up using spacers?

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great, Axel. Are those 18"? If so, did you end up using spacers?

Thank you Ougrad1. Yes I am using spacers to fit the LR3 18s. I'm using the 1.25" (32mm) and it still wasn't enough clearance. So, I got the edges of the calipers trimmed (metal grinder) just a few millimeters down.

I really love the combo and I feel that the rims and tires are lighter than the original 19s.

I'm getting the Gap Diagnostic IIDTool to get a little lift and hopefully I won't need to cut the frame extensions.

Axel

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
photos of wheels

So I posted a crappy single pic of my powder coated wheels a few weeks ago and wanted to provide some better pics after getting my truck washed/clay-barred after all the ice storms we've had here in Dallas...yes, I noticed my sump guard didn't get washed very well<crap>. They really turned out nice and goes well with Santorini Black in case others were wondering how it would look with the OEM wheels.

Thanks to others who blacked out their wheels/got the comps as it inspired me :biggrin:

11697821153_efba8c1e77_c.jpg

11697824333_98b6be3a06_b.jpg

11698349586_5f01f52ab3_b.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM