Sirius now available on new LR3's at factory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

lacarruk1

Does anyone know if you can get Sirius aftermarket installed at dealership so it integrates with radio on 2006 LR3 HSE like in RangeRover Sport?

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use search. It was a factory option as of December.

You can attempt to order the specific parts and find a willing service department that will install the items and "make them work".... but it's an unsupported installation. The only obvious part... it will be well more than the $400 factory option.

Yes, another bad design. It should be modular and a dealer install... and not a factory option.

Nav-TV might offer a "kit" (supported by them), probably with all the OEM bits. But as with everything Nav-TV, be prepared to wait.

The same is true for Range Rover Sport, where it's also a factory option.

L

lr3junkie

I wonder if you will have to have the "dove" like antena on the roof?

Has anyone looked into it?

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because 2006 HSE has PTI included - it's optional on other trims. It doesn't mean it has a Sirius antenna installed inside it.

A few dealers have Sirius equipped 2006s now... find a non-HSE '06 without PTI ordered and see. :D

L

lacarruk1

grommet said:
Use search. It was a factory option as of December.

You can attempt to order the specific parts and find a willing service department that will install the items and "make them work".... but it's an unsupported installation. The only obvious part... it will be well more than the $400 factory option.

Yes, another bad design. It should be modular and a dealer install... and not a factory option.

Nav-TV might offer a "kit" (supported by them), probably with all the OEM bits. But as with everything Nav-TV, be prepared to wait.

The same is true for Range Rover Sport, where it's also a factory option.
Do you think it will have the same AUX volume problem as I know in the RR Sport, you press AUX twice to get to Sirius, once for the jack.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The satellite radio support doesn't really use the AUX input... just the button, since it was somewhat of an afterthought. (So there is no "AUX volume" issue to worry about.) The factory Sirius option is matched fairly closely in level.

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted a question to my sales guide, as I want to add it to mine, but don't want to end up with a mess.

I will keep you posted as to what he says.

L

lr3junkie

I spoke with my dealership today, and they told me they can hook up Sirius in my 05 LR3 for me. They are going to get back with to me on price tomorrow hopefully.

Has anyone gotten pricing yet?

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be sure you are asking them to quote a retrofit of the factory Sirius SDARS option. The dealers around here are happy to install generic 3rd party Sirius or XM kits... that's easy and high profit. :smile:

I never bothered seriously looking into a retrofit, so I don't have any pricing (even for just the parts)... $400+ to just get started with Sirius isn't for me. (I also have a preference for XM, but that's probably because I'm more familiar with their programming mix.) I'd love to see how much they'd charge...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99