Sirius now available on new LR3's at factory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm showing about $900 in factory parts. Radio head is the same, then you have a receiver for satellite radio, the rear body audio/nav/entertainment harness is different between Sirius/non-Sirius cars and of course you need the ever popular "sleeping dove"... Installation, $?. Then of course it would have to be activated through T4, so the car would recognize it. I'm intersted as to what kind of figures lr3jukie gets if it is a factory install, and then if it actually works. This has been an off and on subject around the office. Let us know what happens.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lr3junkie, you get a reply from your dealer re: retrofitting Sirius?

L

lr3junkie

Was at the dealer today, and they cannot retro into the factory stereo. Little upset that my hopes got raised. The service guy I spoke with last week assumed I was going to wire thru the AUX port. He considers that using thru the factory dash. I was informed that they would need to replace the whole stereo. But from what I can tell, isn't it the same head unit as the Sport? I called 2 other dealers and was given the same solution. Sorry.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's the same... but it's a factory option on RRS, just like it is for new build LR3s.

It requires a Sirius receiver module, possibly some creative re-wiring and the addition of the antenna. The problem is that there is no "official" procedure to retrofit it, so a service department will be winging it and most won't even attempt it.

Maybe Nav-TV will sell a supportable kit...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99