Slider Comparison; anyone used either of these?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash1121

Full Access Member
Reaction score
............. Are the tactical pieces really that much heavier than the other steel options? It sounds like most people agree that they protect the most. Alum simply wasn't strong enough?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I spoke to the owner of this LR3 who bought these super minimalist aluminum sliders that Terrafirma used to sell a while back. Apparently he's rested the side of his rig on rocks and impacted their sides pretty hard without bending them. I feel that aluminum could be pretty damn strong at the right thickness.

5bcee617e9db3d6742bb2ebf4cf20881.jpg

These are way too minimalist for me, personally, but I wish someone would develop aluminum sliders with tree bars/steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... I am pretty meticulous about taking my truck to a car wash with a hydraulic lift and pressure washer and have them thoroughly blast out the underside of my truck...
Holy crap, that's a thing?!? I wish I had a car wash like that around me.
My method is "Set to offroad height. Lay under truck with garden hose." :D

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Costs about $14 too all-in. Lift wash, engine wash, exterior and interior cleaned. Joys of living in the middle east with cheap labor. lol

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about a lift, but you can now have your car valet parked and get a car wash for $10 at the King of Prussia mall. Go shop and eat and have your car washed, convenience services are getting out of hand!

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about a lift, but you can now have your car valet parked and get a car wash for $10 at the King of Prussia mall. Go shop and eat and have your car washed, convenience services are getting out of hand!

Multiple things I would strongly prefer not happen... 1. valet, 2. other people washing my car.

I have had bad experiences with both. And I don't so much care if I damage some paint using my rig, but if its going to get abused it is going to be by me.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mbw PM sent on those sliders.

And they are sold!

Now I apparently have a project ahead of me. The Tactical sliders cost a bunch more and I have to paint them myself it sounds like. He uses some kind of new zinc aluminizing coating on them and said his powder coat guy can't work with it. So I will just use some kind of paint and maybe rubberized undercoating on them.. I will have to research that.

Kind of a pain though. Does anyone else have this version of the T44 sliders?

crash1121

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I placed an order for some Voyagers today. I spoke to the gentleman at Voyager earlier, and he said he'd gladly knock $100 off to leave them uncoated. I'm having my local powder-coater do them over properly, and they'll be sent to his business (which knocks another $100 off of shipping). I'm pretty stoked!

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's very nice of them.

I called and had a long conversation with the guy last week, about racks and sliders. At the time, he told me they zinc coat and then powder coat the racks, but the sliders are just powder coated. So, clearly that made a difference when he re-did them for you.

EDIT - my comment above is incorrect. They hit them with a zinc primer and then two layers of powder coat.

Todd, why are you wanting to add weight but for not much useful protection ...? Respectfully disagree that "sliders" on an LR3/4 which don't protect air compressor and tank are purely for ******** bling and adding weight and emptying your pocket. Go full sill to frame plate or drive more carefully.... IMO ;)

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And they are sold!

Now I apparently have a project ahead of me. The Tactical sliders cost a bunch more and I have to paint them myself it sounds like. He uses some kind of new zinc aluminizing coating on them and said his powder coat guy can't work with it. So I will just use some kind of paint and maybe rubberized undercoating on them.. I will have to research that.

Kind of a pain though. Does anyone else have this version of the T44 sliders?

Good grief zinc "coating" sounds like a whole bunch of nonsense. Why can't these people do anything the "right way" ?! Steel should be galvanized, period....PERIOD. Then lightly media blasted for powder coating prep and allowed to cure for a few weeks at least (info as per my local industrial galvanizing shop). It's not even that expensive.

Anyway, I had mine fully stripped, galvanized, then powder-coated, all industrial grade a few yrs ago and it's held up like it should ... 100% against rock grinds, winter salts, etc.

Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM