Sunroof Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, every model year is effected. If the problem is simply cosmetic is widely debated.

mbc

Reaction score
My dealer is replacing my sunroof assembly

Brought the car in for my final repairs under warranty, had my usual list (e.g., sunroof drain tubes, driver's seat rock, trying to get ball joints, bushings replaced, etc.). Dealer thinks the leak is exacerbated by the cracked sunroof arms and is replacing.

So beware, cracked arm issue may not be merely cosmetic...

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think your dealer is doing you a favor! There's no f'n way that those little cracks in those arms exacerbate any leak.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2nd what Houm said, but let your dealer think that's the cause!

mbc

Reaction score
Will take what I can get

2nd what Houm said, but let your dealer think that's the cause!

I should say that I haven't seen the 'cracks' in the assembly that my dealer references -- could be something different from the arm crack issue -- will find out when I pick up the rig.

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took mine in and told my dealer about the cracks and he agreed to replace it. No ifs and or buts. They had it for a few days but in his notes to LRNA he stated the sunroof was moving slow???

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I last took mine in I pointed out the cracked rails and also said that the sunroof sometimes seems to strain when opening. He did not replace the rails. He said it worked fine for his tech and he can't replace something just because it is cracked...

Next tactic?

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it to another dealer. My dealer I bought it from has fought me on a few things. So I drive 50 miles to a dealer where I am well taken care of and I respect their caring for customers.

RumRunnr

Reaction score
+ 1 to the cracked sunroof arm club. More crack than on the Chicago South Side. :albertein

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112