Suspension, air compressor question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverpty

Reaction score
Hi, can someone help me here. The compressor in my 2008 range rover is making a loud noise. I noticed a crack in the plastic cover. After removing it we found a broken part that comes from the exhaust valve. And the air is released under pressure from this. Can this be fixed without replacing the whole compressor? Thanks in advance. I'm including some pics pic 2.jpg pic1.jpg pic3.jpg

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like you have the AMK replacement compressor for the original Hitachi.

There are some parts available for the older Hitachi which was OEM on the 2005 to about 2010 vehicles, but the newer AMK, I have not heard of any parts yet being available.

That does not mean there are no parts available somewhere; just that I have not heard or read of anyone yet fixing the AMK. The longer the AMK is in service, the better the older Hitachi looks.

You might contact Arnott Air Suspension Products per below as they do know compressors; the AMK for Land Rover in particular per the 2008 product link below.

www.arnottinc.com 1 800 251 8993

https://www.arnottcanada.com/landrover-lr3discovery3-2008-air-suspension-products.aspx

Globetrotter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use a jumper in place of the relay to see if compressor runs - if not check the 70a fusible link

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99