Tire options for LR3 SE, 18" rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Airboss said:
There is a plus side to the 255/60R18 in that it is the same diameter as the stock 19" tires (255/55R19). So when I use my 18" set I only need 4 because my 19" spare is the same size. This makes it much cheaper (and easier) to keep switching from my 19" highway set to my 18" off-road set.

I guess I wouldn't have to be so cheap if I could just find one more 18" wheel.
Airboss... what brand of 255/60R18 tires do you have? I'm having trouble finding that size , or are they off road only ( I want on/off road) ?

Thanks
John

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JohnKel said:
Airboss... what brand of 255/60R18 tires do you have? I'm having trouble finding that size , or are they off road only ( I want on/off road) ?

Thanks
John
The General Grabber's discussed above are a good all terrian on/off road tire. They are very similar to the Nitto's, but slightly smaller, closer to the stock tire size.

John, I think you should consider either the Nitto's or the BGF's if you are unwilling or unable to wait. IMHO, you can get a set of used Wranglers very inexpensively because a lot of people are ditching them in favour of real tires. So get the used Wranglers to tide you over, then get real tires when they are available. I can send you a link to a few folks offering them up if you are interested.

As for not getting a decent spare tire.... if you are off roading, that would not be a wise choice in my opinion. If you are somewhere that provokes a flat, getting out of there with a cheesy spare is probably not your best option.

Airboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nwoods said:
The General Grabber's discussed above are a good all terrian on/off road tire. They are very similar to the Nitto's, but slightly smaller, closer to the stock tire size.

As for not getting a decent spare tire.... if you are off roading, that would not be a wise choice in my opinion. If you are somewhere that provokes a flat, getting out of there with a cheesy spare is probably not your best option.

I agree that the Generals and the Nittos are great options. I'm sorry, but I should have mentioned that I have the full-sized 19" spare and that's why I feel that interchanging the two is appropriate in my circumstance.

R

Redbull_Addict

Hi Gents, (first post)

Has anyone installed the BFG's yet, I'm curious whether the spare fit.

Take care!

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Redbull_Addict said:
Has anyone installed the BFG's yet, I'm curious whether the spare fit./QUOTE]
That would be me, I have a post around here somewhere. The spare fits with a little bit of work.
Tires are excellent!

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Redbull_Addict said:
Hi Gents, (first post)

Has anyone installed the BFG's yet, I'm curious whether the spare fit.

Take care!
Here is another LR3 with BFG's. I love it!:

P2093204.JPG

4free

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Avon Tech STs?

TireRack has these listed as the only 'exact size' replacements other than the Junkyears and the Pirellis. My '06 LR3 is a lease, due up in October, so I need to stay with the same size due to the Lease Police.

The Avon Tech ST tires are relatively cheap ($111-tire only) and have a reasonably decent-looking tread pattern. The only drawback, on paper, is their S-rating, but who goes 112mph in an LR3?

I looked at their customer reviews - nothing much similar to LR3, a Touareg and a Grand Cherokee Limited (well, kinda), mostly Ram trucks - not quite the same size/application. Wondering if anyone here has tried them?

The Conti/Generals sound great but I can't wait til June - belts are just starting to show on both fronts! Any feedback ASAP would be appreciated!!!

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know what city you are in, but there is a set of Goodyear Wranglers for sale.
Just click on the classifieds above. I'm reeeealy sure the guy will give you a good deal.

Last edited:

4free

Reaction score
too far . . .

duckdive said:
Don't know what city you are in, but there is a set of Goodyear Wranglers for sale.
Just click on the classifieds above. I'm reeeealy sure the guy will give you a good deal.
Those HPs are in San Diego w/local pickup only - I'm in Michigan :frown:

Anyone tried the Avons???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo