Tire options for LR3 SE, 18" rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First impressions Goodyear SilentArmor tires

Installed the 265/60R18's yesterday and what a HUGE differance compaired to the HP's

1. They look great !

2. Very quiet for a M&S rated tire ... IMHO close to new HP's, my rear two were cupped (surprise, surprise ) so it was quite noticeable.

3. They feel like they "stick" better on wet pavement .

4. Major improvement on muddy hills, ruts, gravel mounds and slick rocks on the hills. I needed less momentum and my truck didn't work as hard. Sorry no pics as I was alone and forgot the camera :rolleyes: but I did get some before I washed her off. Will post them if you want.

Cheers
John

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nwoods said:
Yeah! let's see the new shoes
Here you go Nathan, and yes I'll be getting one for a spare :)

Click on thumbnails for full view.

Cheers
John

Last edited by a moderator:

chomondely

Reaction score
Discount Tire is supposed to get mine next week. Mine will be Wrangler Silent Armour. Are your tire the Wrangler or Fortura?
Same size as your.Any clearance, speedometer issues?
22k on the GY HP. Cupped, noisy and not that much tread left. I almost got stuck last week in the mud.
It would have been embarassing to have the rancher pull me out of a bit of mud the was not much more than 30 feet long. I never got stuck w/ my XC90 and Michein LTX M/S.
I am also installing an aftermarket tire pressure monitoring system.

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi chomondely ..mine are Wranglers with no rubbing issues ( 30.5 vs 30.0 OEM). I calibrated the nav, not sure if that affects the speedo but, if not , according to this link http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html you will be off a little :wink: HTH, enjoy the new shoes, and let us know what you think !

Cheers
John

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice John, they look self cleaning, and with all those sipes, should be very good in rain as well.

soulmn

Reaction score
Hello,
I will be looking for tires shortly. Tire rack showed Dunlop Grand Treks as an option. I've used this line on my other vehicles and had great wear from them.
Has anyone used them on an LR3? I will probably end up with the pirelli's. Definately not going back for a third set of HP's. Just looking for some advice. Mostly highway driving by my wife, with a very occasional dealer event for fun.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For mostly on road use Michelins are a good choice.

U

UnbrknCh8n

I've had Pirelli Scorpion zeros on for about 6 months and have been happy with them. Unfortunately, I have a cut in one of my sidewalls, so I went back to Discount Tire (I do have the road hazard warranty). This was about 2-3 months ago, and they said that they would order a new tire. Cool. Except I recently received a call saying that these tires are still backordered and it will take 3 more months to get a new one. Fortunately, they will prorate the tires I have so I can buy a new set (I'm still trying to figure out what kind), but if you're shopping for the Pirellis be aware that there could be a delay in getting them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo