Tire Styling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.lamin-x.com/Land-Rover-LR4-10-Headlight-Covers-p/lr007.htm

Lamin-x Headlight & Fog Light Covers

Got the clear ones.

They are very thick, so I think they will work fine. You get some hazing and bubbles on the install, but it has already almost completely gone away after a couple of days in even a cool garage. i think it will be hard to notice that they are on there.

I had a full clearbra on my G35, but no headlight covers. This time around im covering the lights and not the paint. I can just repaint the front after awhile and it will be cheaper than a bra. The bra is also a little harder to clean. So i really just wanted it for protection.
Awesome - thanks! :)

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, I think I still want something like LLAMs, it sure would be nicer than physically installing and uninstalling the rods all the time, and if I go with the easy option for tire size, 265/60/18, then the spare will fit, no rubbing, and I wont *need* any extra height for now. I know it wont look quite as good, but is the half inch of sidewall really worth 265/65's issues?.... eh... maybe not, still can't decide though.

I will want something before I do some more serious trails and moab, etc. But for just messing around Iowa and what I have access to here, I dont need more. I may have to resort to finding the jeep clubs and go out with some other groups, because the community around here is pretty minimal. I am not really ready to pin strip the crap out of her yet though. Im a bit mixed on how rough I want to wheel it at the moment.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, I think I still want something like LLAMs, it sure would be nicer than physically installing and uninstalling the rods all the time, and if I go with the easy option for tire size, 265/60/18, then the spare will fit, no rubbing, and I wont *need* any extra height for now. I know it wont look quite as good, but is the half inch of sidewall really worth 265/65's issues?.... eh... maybe not, still can't decide though.

I will want something before I do some more serious trails and moab, etc. But for just messing around Iowa and what I have access to here, I dont need more. I may have to resort to finding the jeep clubs and go out with some other groups, because the community around here is pretty minimal. I am not really ready to pin strip the crap out of her yet though. Im a bit mixed on how rough I want to wheel it at the moment.

I think the "265/65's issues" are worth it :biggrin: I say go for it!

Also, I know what you mean about how rough you want to wheel it. I don't wheel mine too hard, but it is fun to go out there and see what these things are capable of. It's also amazing what a proper off-road tire can accomplish. I always keep a good coat of wax on, and I usually try to apply another coat before I hit the trails. With this technique, I've managed to get away with just a few tiny (only I would notice) scratches. Meguiars Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer is good protection for the trim (including the window pillars), and as soon as I get back, the wheels and tires get a good scrubbing with Meguiars All Wheel and Tire Cleaner (spray). My neighbors probably don't even know I wheel my LR4!

Good luck, and I can't wait to see how your LR4 comes out!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the "265/65's issues" are worth it :biggrin: I say go for it!

Also, I know what you mean about how rough you want to wheel it. I don't wheel mine too hard, but it is fun to go out there and see what these things are capable of. It's also amazing what a proper off-road tire can accomplish. I always keep a good coat of wax on, and I usually try to apply another coat before I hit the trails. With this technique, I've managed to get away with just a few tiny (only I would notice) scratches. Meguiars Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer is good protection for the trim (including the window pillars), and as soon as I get back, the wheels and tires get a good scrubbing with Meguiars All Wheel and Tire Cleaner (spray). My neighbors probably don't even know I wheel my LR4!

Good luck, and I can't wait to see how your LR4 comes out!
I also use the Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer on my black trim and it works awesome... really nicely conditions it and provides UV protection. I also have that Aerospace stuff you recommended and it's unbelievable. I apply that and then put the Meguires on top of that at times.... It stays really well too.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also use the Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer on my black trim and it works awesome... really nicely conditions it and provides UV protection. I also have that Aerospace stuff you recommended and it's unbelievable. I apply that and then put the Meguires on top of that at times.... It stays really well too.

Glad the Meguiars is working well for you too. What's the Aerospace stuff? I can't remember! Too many cleaning products to keep track of.. Lol!

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
265/65R18 Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor.... ORDERED! screw it! go big or go home.

I use Zaino products, but I don't put anything else on top, so that I can clean and add more later and it bonds.

Adding a carnuba wax on top of Zaino is a perfectly good method, Carnuba can look deeper in the short term, so I've seen it done.

OK, speaking lifts now. I ordered some johnson rods, still expensive for a little stick, but whatever, Im sure it will be handy to have them.

Looking back at my picture on the first page, ive got 3" clearance in normal height and about 5" at access height.

johnson rods takes away 2.5" of that, then the new tires are .73" higher. So i'll have to use access height for the garage.

Has anyone combined rods with llams? Set (and aligned) normal to llams -30mm(.78") with rods? for a normal height of +1.72"? What can EAS handle as far as the height? Would 2.5" (rods) + 1.9" (50mm llams) = +4.4" sounds way high to me. Wonder if I did that, if I could just use llams in normal with car high, or llams high with car normal, etc.

I am a bit worried that ill come up to a parking garage with the wife and have to say, "honey, we can't park there" and then have to explain why we used to be able to, but her husbands crazy hobby made the car too high. I am so going to blame you guys, this is what they call a co-dependent addiction.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, and I did get the white lettering.

wrangler_silentarmor_owl_ci2_l.jpg

wrangler_silentarmor_ci1_l.jpg

wrangler_silentarmor_owl_ci3_l.jpg

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, just for a bit of info on why I choose these tires. I wanted a good off road a/t tire, but these need to also be fantastic in the winter, snow and ice. Iowa get's it's fair share of nasty weather. I drive some long stretches of road in Iowa (like hw 20 between Dubuque and hw 35 down to Ames) where its nothing but flat-ish corn fields for miles and the snow can get pretty crazy. I had some Blizzaks which are true snow tires on my G35, and its a lot of fun to blow away lifted trucks with standard at tires at the lights. These wont be quite as good as blizzaks, but the ratings look really good on them and they have the snow flake rating...

I wanted a tire with this on it.

severe_snowflake.gif

(Wrangler SilentArmor On-/Off-Road All-Terrain tires are branded with the mountain/snowflake symbol to identify they meet industry severe snow service standards.)

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone combined rods with llams? Set (and aligned) normal to llams -30mm(.78") with rods? for a normal height of +1.72"? What can EAS handle as far as the height? Would 2.5" (rods) + 1.9" (50mm llams) = +4.4" sounds way high to me. Wonder if I did that, if I could just use llams in normal with car high, or llams high with car normal, etc.

I am not sure that the rods and the LLAMS would be a good idea. I am not sure what the max travel is on the suspension, but I do not think it can handle the rods plus LLAMS plus max height mode. I think I am pushing the air compressor when going from -20LLAMS and normal ride height to maximum everything. It can take some time.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I will try the rods for awhile, see how often a garage issue occurs, maybe upgrade to llams later.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink