Touch-up kits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elinders

Reaction score
I have a couple of rock chips on my front bumper and want to get them covered up before they get worse. I did a search for touch-up paint and saw the paint pens from Atlantic British.

But I was wondering if anyone has used any of those kits and if so, were they junk or worth it? Thanks in advance.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At a detailers suggestion, I ordered a couple touch-up pens from "Automotive Touchup".
I hit this website from my phone while he was banging a dent out of my LR4 and the pens came within the week. I was impressed that they nailed the Nara Bronze color pretty well. You have to shake it and you may only get a couple uses out of the pen so buy a couple.

Automotive Touchup

The pens are $12, the smallest touch up bottles are $10. They also have primers pens and clear coat pens, but at his suggestion I skipped that. I did get the small sandpaper kit they had since I didn't have the really fine grit on hand.

Elinders

Reaction score
Cool. Thanks. They have a ton of add ons, good to know they aren’t necessary.
And you did the pens? Seems pretty easy.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the pens.

I forgot what he said about the clear coat pens. He either said you didn't need them, or that it was harder to to blend in. For your little knicks and stuff I think you'll be happy with just the paint, but let me know if you try the clear coat. It'll be the kind of thing only you will notice after you touch it up.

I scraped one of my newly painted wheels a couple weeks after I got them done. I touched them up with some matte black nail polish and nobody has noticed. Even I forget which wheel I scratched! :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM