Trails in New Mexico

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slwroller

Reaction score
Hey all,

Im headed out to Ruidoso, NM next week to get away from this TX heat. I was hoping to get my LR3 off pavement and do some light trail riding while in town. I have done some research online...not much coming up as far as info/maps. If anyone has info they can share, I would love to get some ideas for a quick 1/2 day ride.

Best,
Tom

DustinR

Reaction score
Take hwy 48 north out of Ruidoso, then turn left on hwy 37 and head to the little town of Nogal. Just south of the town of Nogal, you can get on Nogal Canyon Road, which is also known as County Road C015. CR015 then turns into Forest Service road 400 (FS400), which then turns into FS108. The road will twist and wind through the mountains and you'll end up on FS107. FS107 will take you right by Bonito Lake and you'll just loop back and intersect with hwy 37 again. Turn right on 37 and you'll be heading back to Ruidoso. It's an awesome drive, although you won't push the capabilities of the LR3. Lots of hiking trails and old mines up in that area.

Dustin

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prjagman