Transmission fault, HDC, lowered suspension height -- resolved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KEITHD45

Reaction score
Thank
I will move onto the battery next if this does not work.

Sadly, I cannot replace the brake light bulbs without a lot of trouble and extra expense, as I also have the imfamous seized tail gate issue with the cable having become detached at the attuator. Have been living with this as an inconveniece but it appears that the only way to replace the rear brake lights is to drop the tail gate.:eek:

Will let everyone know the final result good or bad as a reference should this occur to others.

Thanks again for your help!
So I need a new parking brake actuator, but for $1400 I left it alone. Never used it anyway. Recently my hatch stop opening....I hear it click to open and it unlocks when I hit the fob, but no luck. Any ideas? The emergency unlock (pushing lock and unlock on dash) doesn't work either... Any ideas.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The EPB Actuator should NOT cost that much to replace....$400 maybe.

Trynian

Reaction score
So I need a new parking brake actuator, but for $1400 I left it alone. Never used it anyway. Recently my hatch stop opening....I hear it click to open and it unlocks when I hit the fob, but no luck. Any ideas? The emergency unlock (pushing lock and unlock on dash) doesn't work either... Any ideas.

the rear hatch is probably a broken cable. There are lots of posts about it here you can search to get it open. Sometimes needs a new latch sometimes it is repairable. not really hard to fix it.

The brake actuator can be done for much less then $1400. The part is usually $500-$600 depending on the the year. Maybe an indendent shop can get it done for $800ish. Also many times I have heard that the actuator needs replacing when it really only needed a parking brake adjustment.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
link re the rear hatch

The link below is to an album I have re the rear hatch release. There are jpg's that will help you get to where the problem is. For actual instructions and more pictures re how to open a closed rear hatch, use the search function with the search words +rear +hatch +latch or something like that.

You will find various non LR parts repair options as well as how to install the new official LR all metal latch to replace the broken plastic bits.

http://www.**************/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=4155

Replace the **** with disco3 co uk and insert a period in each of the two spaces.

atreml

Reaction score
Sounds like the brake light switch as well. Here is a link showing the switch. It comes out with about a quarter turn, to install reverse the process. The switch is located behind the kick plate underneath the steering column. There are several photos here with various points of view.

Can't post a picture, without creating smaller ones. Can't post to gallery on another site for some reason.
i can't find the link, am i doing something wrong?

jazzy_james

Reaction score
Sounds like the brake light switch as well. Here is a link showing the switch. It comes out with about a quarter turn, to install reverse the process. The switch is located behind the kick plate underneath the steering column. There are several photos here with various points of view.

Can't post a picture, without creating smaller ones. Can't post to gallery on another site for some reason.

My 06 LR3 has been acting up; all faults come up and then go away. I already replaced my battery. The weird thing is the faults always come up when the car is sitting in the hot sun. When I start the car, the faults come up and prevent the car from starting. It's only when the car cools down (at night) that it starts up and the faults go away. Can this be contributed to the brake light switch too? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Bostonian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had the same errors come up on my 06LR3. Put in a new battery, but they're still coming up and the suspension is lowering. Does anyone have the part number or a link where the part can be purchased? FYI this all started when the cold weather came - below 40 degrees. Coincidence? Not sure.
Thanks!

Bostonian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, the first post mentions 'disconnecting the ground' to clear the fault codes. Where is the ground located? Are there specific steps to follow in the overall process?
Thanks!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM