Wash After Service?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

72offsuit

Reaction score
The grease is inexcusable and I would go ballistic. If they cleaned the goop off your rim they would mar and scratch it beyond repair. Clean it yourself, rims cost big $$$

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey 72offsuit,

I agree completely. I am actually HAPPY they did not wash it and will definitely request a NO WASH in the future, but I am just a bit mad about how messy they were and scuffed things up, got greasy fingerprints all over the place, etc. Heck, they replaced my wheel and did not even bother cleaning the rim. AT ALL... In fact, it's full of grease marks now.

I just think they should be a bit more careful.

Thanks for the comments.

-David

I totally agree with you David! That would BURN ME UP! That would happen with my old car when I would take it in for anything, and I would get it back with grease marks on the door and steering wheel and the rims were just filthy with fingermarks all over it. That should be absolutely corrected for a luxury dealership. Obviously, if we are willing to pay $50k+, then we obviously care about the car we drive. Its not just about getting to point B from point A. They should look over the car with a fine tooth comb to be sure they clean up all of the crap they left behind. Now, I am going to be paranoid the first time I take mine in.

Sorry about all of that David. I completely agree with your frustrations!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with you David! That would BURN ME UP! That would happen with my old car when I would take it in for anything, and I would get it back with grease marks on the door and steering wheel and the rims were just filthy with fingermarks all over it. That should be absolutely corrected for a luxury dealership. Obviously, if we are willing to pay $50k+, then we obviously care about the car we drive. Its not just about getting to point B from point A. They should look over the car with a fine tooth comb to be sure they clean up all of the crap they left behind. Now, I am going to be paranoid the first time I take mine in.

Sorry about all of that David. I completely agree with your frustrations!
Thanks, UGAgirl97!

I think many Land Rover dealers are careful, but it all depends on the technician I guess. This particular dealership close to me is not the best one in the area. But, because it was a tire issue, I wanted to stay close to home. I think I am going to call the service advisor and let them know that they should be careful about the grease prints and scuffs.

I am glad things are going well and you are enjoying your new baby! :) Well, not new anymore - but, close to it. I can't believe I will have my LR4 for one year in February 2012.

Take care and talk soon!

Regards, David

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would call the dealer manager or service manager and tell them about the tire thrown in the back. At the end of the day, you bought a 50K or 60K truck (and range rovers can be 80 or 90K or more and they're working on those too) and that's ********. Complain, tell them they can't throw a dirty ass old tire in the back of your truck, they should know better. At least put plastic down or whatever. I would be through the roof. Granted, you can scrub off the marks and its probably no harm no foul, but still, lame. lame. lame on them.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would call the dealer manager or service manager and tell them about the tire thrown in the back. At the end of the day, you bought a 50K or 60K truck (and range rovers can be 80 or 90K or more and they're working on those too) and that's ********. Complain, tell them they can't throw a dirty ass old tire in the back of your truck, they should know better. At least put plastic down or whatever. I would be through the roof. Granted, you can scrub off the marks and its probably no harm no foul, but still, lame. lame. lame on them.
Hey nashvegas,

I agree completely! It's not that I want to be pampered in anyway, but it's just common decency at any car dealer to treat the vehicles with respect and not make them scuffed up and dirty. This is just not acceptable. I am going to call the dealership today. Thanks!

-David

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey David,
My dealer always vaccums the inside and washes the outside for me. I never had to have major work done, but I would be ****** if I picked up my car with scuffs and dirt on the inside or outside. I would complain If I were you. Maybe they will detail it for you.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never would let any dealer wash my vehicle. Have standing request that includes delivery and all service, "Do not wash" these guys are hacks that leave tons of scratch and swirl marks , especially on a black vehicle.

I'm lucky I guess. My local dealership has a no touch car wash amd they do a fairly decent job. Of course I am one **** retentive ADD ABC ungrateful person, so it's never done right. But I can get free car washes year round and it comes in handy during th ewinter months.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't care if you own a Kia or a Jag, service is what we pay for and the dealership or Joe Blows repair shop should show pride and respect on what they do. At the end of the day, we do pay their hands cleaner and salaries. Yeah I know, you get what you pay for and we do expect the locar LR/Jag/Volvo dealer to be more "attentive" than the Chevy dealer down the road. But I have bought myself 3 vehicles from this dealership in the last 4 years and recommended it to 3 other people who are now customers. So I gues that free car wash, or that extra 5 minutes of work to wipe their hand prints of the hood do pay.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't care if you own a Kia or a Jag, service is what we pay for and the dealership or Joe Blows repair shop should show pride and respect on what they do. At the end of the day, we do pay their hands cleaner and salaries. Yeah I know, you get what you pay for and we do expect the locar LR/Jag/Volvo dealer to be more "attentive" than the Chevy dealer down the road. But I have bought 3 myself vehicles from this dealership in the last 4 years and recommended it to 3 other people who are now customers. So I gues that free car wash, or that extra 5 minutes of work to wipe their hand prints of the hood do pay.
Well said! I agree 100%

I called Service and they are supposed to call me back. Let's see what they say.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I heard from the Service Manager and he offered me a free detail inside and out. He was very apologetic about the grease marks and tire scuffing, etc. I doubt I will have it done, but it was a nice gesture. He told me that normally they have it washed and check for any marks, etc., but because I waited while they had it done, they wanted to get it out in the a hurry. I am not sure I buy that last bit, but it's still nice of him.

So, should I have it detailed inside and out?

-David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635