What do these dash lights mean?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rollguy

Reaction score
I am new to Rovers, and do not have an owners manual. Could someone tell me what these 3 lights mean? I know the one is for the antilock brakes, but not the other two. The trans was rebuilt about 2,000 miles ago by AAMCO. I have also gotten a transmission code twice, and have had to clear them to turn off the check engine light (I have a code reader). Could the CEL and the other warning lights be related?
LandRover009.jpg

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
ABS = Anti Lock Brakes
TC = Traction Control
! = Hill Decent

All together = Three Amigos Do a search and you will learn more than you want to know I am sure.

rollguy

Reaction score
ABS = Anti Lock Brakes
TC = Traction Control
! = Hill Decent

All together = Three Amigos Do a search and you will learn more than you want to know I am sure.

They come on and stay on by just driving down the road. No hills, or panic stopping.

rollguy

Reaction score
I read about the "Three Amigos", and it seems I should look into cleaning the sensors first. Is it safe to say that the trans code and the three amigos are not related?

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you mind me asking how much the boys at AAMCO dinged you for that rebuild?

Wolf

I am new to Rovers, and do not have an owners manual. Could someone tell me what these 3 lights mean? I know the one is for the antilock brakes, but not the other two. The trans was rebuilt about 2,000 miles ago by AAMCO. I have also gotten a transmission code twice, and have had to clear them to turn off the check engine light (I have a code reader). Could the CEL and the other warning lights be related?
LandRover009.jpg

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
You can clean the sensors... but in the end it may end up being a shuttle valve (under the ABS Modulator - drivers fender well with all the brake line going to it).

LROffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually when I see lights they just remind me to keep my eye on the road and not the dash:) My brother's D2 has these on too, it's a common thing, hence the name "3A Amigos" these lights seem to like each other. There's a guy in anot forum who sell t-shirts with these on them:) Truthfully they aren't usually a big deal, but you can get them fixed, just make sure you take it to a good Rover shop otherwise you might get taken for a ride. I had a guy bid me $4200 to fix my Range and then I got the work done for $880 from a Stellar Rover mechanic in Durham, NC. If you live near there it was Rover Automotive that fixed me up

rollguy

Reaction score
Do you mind me asking how much the boys at AAMCO dinged you for that rebuild?

Wolf
I did not pay for it. I got the rig after the rebuild (2,000 miles after). The PO paid about $3,200 for the job.

rollguy

Reaction score
You can clean the sensors... but in the end it may end up being a shuttle valve (under the ABS Modulator - drivers fender well with all the brake line going to it).
I took all 4 wheels, rotors, and sensors out today and cleaned them. I drove about 5 miles and thought the "Three Amigos" had left town. I was wrong, they came back a mile or so later (along with the check engine light).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72