What do these dash lights mean?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LROffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not pay for it. I got the rig after the rebuild (2,000 miles after). The PO paid about $3,200 for the job.

$3200.... WOW, that sounds like allot of money to me.... I feel lucky to own a range Rover because Rangerovers.net seems to have everything I need to do the job myself.... Is there an online resource for Disco's that covers all the common repairs like RangeRovers.net???? Just curious cause I would like to fix my brothers rig!

rollguy

Reaction score
Low tire pressure the cause?

I checked the tire pressure yesterday, as one looked a little low (only had 20#) After airing up, the "Three Amigos" have not returned. That is cool! I hope that was the problem.

LROffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tire pressure huh? Interesting fix, only a land rover!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldn't count on the tire pressure being the issue, but hey I have heard of odder things.

rollguy

Reaction score
I wouldn't count on the tire pressure being the issue, but hey I have heard of odder things.
I thought the pressure was the problem, as the Three Amigos have not been around for a while (the longest since I have had the rig). However, they came back today. I am leaning towards the Shuttle Valve. Is there a cheap fix (DIY) for this?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
DIY yes. cheap? I think the part is around $100 give or take. Easy... well lets just say fun.

The shuttle valve is mounted under the ABS modulator, you have to unmount the modulator (best not to disconnect the brake lines or bend or pinch them) then using a block of wood or something you hold the modulator up as you reach under with an allen wrench and remove the 3 screws holding the shuttle valve on. No you can't see them and yes it is fun.

If the shuttle valve is covered in brake fluid, then the modulator is the bad part.

LROffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DIY yes. cheap? I think the part is around $100 give or take. Easy... well lets just say fun.

The shuttle valve is mounted under the ABS modulator, you have to unmount the modulator (best not to disconnect the brake lines or bend or pinch them) then using a block of wood or something you hold the modulator up as you reach under with an allen wrench and remove the 3 screws holding the shuttle valve on. No you can't see them and yes it is fun.

If the shuttle valve is covered in brake fluid, then the modulator is the bad part.

Joey, your screen name should be something more like "SuperiorGenius" because you always seem to have the answers! I just told me brother about this and now we're gonna check that out on his D2! Mucho Gracias!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
LROffroad, I wouldn't say I am a genius in anyway shape or form... just have spent the last 9 years researching / working on my Rover and a few friends. I tend to gather a lot of info from a lot of places. I just do my best to share what I have learned with others so they don't have to spend big bucks at a dealer somewhere.

If I have helped do my part then I am a happy Rover owner.

rollguy

Reaction score
LROffroad, I wouldn't say I am a genius in anyway shape or form... just have spent the last 9 years researching / working on my Rover and a few friends. I tend to gather a lot of info from a lot of places. I just do my best to share what I have learned with others so they don't have to spend big bucks at a dealer somewhere.

If I have helped do my part then I am a happy Rover owner.
Thank you for your willingness to share the info on Rover repairing. Most folks would not even think of repairing even the easiest thing on one of these vehicles, but would just take it to the dealer and get taken. I realize that one needs to either fix it themselves, or be willing to pay the big Bucks to have it fixed at the dealer. I am thankful for Internet Forums and users with real world experience and the sharing of same to help people like us that want to save a few Bucks (or sometimes many). I was told that I would "go broke" if I had a Land Rover because of the cost to maintain and repair them. I am a Mercedes Diesel guy, and have a lot of experience maintaining and repairing these European vehicles. But without the Internet Forums, owning and maintaining them would not be a pleasurable experience (especially for my wallet).

Last edited:

rollguy

Reaction score
Would that mean that the entire modulator would need replacing at substantial cost by someone other than a DIYer?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72