Windshield wiper replacement...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wildewinds

Reaction score
So the dealer quoted my wife $167 to replace the windshield and rear window wipers.

That was pretty funny.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another dealer just charged $185 to a rr.net forum member for the same 3 blades for his Sport. To the dealer's credit however, the Vaseline was included in the quote. :rolleyes:

GrahamWelland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Btw - forget the LR dealer supplied blades and take a look at the RainX wipers. They made a huge difference on my LR3 up here in the Pacific NorthWET.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is the word Dealer seem so appropriate in this context?

Avoid the pain, just go to the auto parts store of your choice, and grab the Bosch replacement blades.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually sourced some higher end style from Target, maybe Michelin branded? Either way, the brand is not the maker (private label by a wiper company), and they worked great.

Tire Rack has a BOGO offer on some blades, too. Valeo Ultimate.

Last edited:

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wiper alternative

I've been runnign Silblade flexblades. http://www.silblade.com They have lasted well over 1.5 years, which is impressive with the corrosive winter driving conditions in Chicago. I didn't even run the winter option. I'll defiintely buy another set.

zdas04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wiper deal comes from the same people who brought you the Good-for-one-year tire option. My OEM wipers shreaded in 10 months and I replaced them with Rain-X wipers and the difference is amazing. I would recommend replacing them on day one with a quality after market wiper--the cost is just too low to justify living with that crap till it falls apart.

David

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer actually uses after-market wiper blades, admitting that they were "better" than the OEM ones from LR.

chomondely

Reaction score
PIAA's fro Tirerack.com. About $70 for all three blades. Very easy to install. Very good results.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tire Rack has ocassional 2 for 1 deals on wipers. Bought a set of Valeo's for $23 got two (2). Much better than oem that came fitted from factory.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM