Wipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenjengrif

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second the endorsement of the Silblades. They're not cheap, but they last a long time and keep quiet.

flysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to share my experience with Rain-x Latitude wipers.

I have been using Bosch and quite happy with them but thought I would try a new brand. So, I installed Rain-x Latitude for front and back wipers. Didn't like it that much. From the beginning, it started to making wiper noise. After two rainy day use, I couldn't take it any more and decided to switch them back to Bosch. Then, I found out that rear Latitude wiper scratched rear window!!!

It could be my fault since I put 17" wiper where stock wiper size was 16". Also, maybe Latitude wiper is not meant for rear window, who knows.

Anyway, I wanted Rain-x to know that and sent them an email through their website but I never heard back from them...

m5ccie

Reaction score
I used the Valeo from Tirerack, good wipers but still noisy at times. Then I searched on Disco3.co.uk forum and this came up as a good choice for the LR3/Disco3:

http://speeding.co.uk/acatalog/Valeo_XTRM__Flat_Wiper_Blades.html#a4561

I ordered them and I'm awaiting delivery...good folks at speeding.co.uk. They were happy to see an order from the US and they promptly removed the VAT taxes. Will keep you posted of how they work. This is what I've paid for them:

DESCRIPTION QUANTITY PRICE COST

Valeo Silencio X-TRM Flat - 2 £12.99 £25.98
Blade UM665 As Seen on Disco-
3 Forum
No. Shipped 2

VAT REMOVED -£3.38

__Totals________________________________________________________

Subtotal: £25.98
Adjustments: -£3.38
Shipping & Handling: £15.00
Total: £37.60

Last edited:

trackstar

Reaction score
I ended up getting the Bosch's and so far, very happy. No more noise and great clearing. We'll see how they hold up.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been using Rain-X's high-end wipers (the Latitudes I guess) and have had no issues with noise. They are holding up very well and the styling matches the factory wipers (and I think they are lasting longer)

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the silblades rock! I had a problem with the end cap cracking and the blade was sliding out. Used a quick fix with some Black duct Tape till I called sillblade and reported the problem. They expressed me a free set of new ones at no charge.... something to be said for good service in this day & age.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM