Lift Kit Anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tonga Green,
I would be interested in what you find out about those stamped wheels. I've been thinking of getting a set of rims eventually that I can have just for my off-road tires, with full-size spare. The Johnson Rods look like a good option as well.
Thanks.

tongagrnlr3

Reaction score
so i cant find any lr specific steels however i have had a brain wave. what about a set of four spares with new tires put on? would they be too weak for of road use or just like any other steel wheel?

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out these wheels, steel and come in any offest and size you want, little pricey but their sweet... If I ever decide my 18" 5 spokes don't suit my rig anymore I'm going this route.

tongagrnlr3

Reaction score
Check out these wheels, steel and come in any offest and size you want, little pricey but their sweet... If I ever decide my 18" 5 spokes don't suit my rig anymore I'm going this route.

these are SWEET! ~$150 for custom fit wheels... not so bad. now i know what i want for christmas, those with come big ole' Good Year MT/R kevlar tires!

OffRoving

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We use Jonson Rods and love them.

[normal ride height makes easy work of the obstacle]

LTCOliverNorth

Reaction score
I know I'm bringing this thread back from the dead, but does anybody have pictures of their LR3 with the Johnson Rods sitting at the "normal" ride height? (not the off-road ride height)

I bet somebody is going to tell me to just set my rig at the off-road ride height and I'll have my answer :biggrin:

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am curious about something too. The Jonson rods site lists 265/70/R18 Silent Amour tires, but doesnt really mention if access height can be used with them.

jbrincks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the poor quality but here is a picture with Johnson Rods and 265/70/r18. You can have it in Access Height. I have to use this mode to enter the parking garage for work. However, with this size tire there is rubbing while in Access Mode and turning at a certain angle in normal mode. I will be switching tire sizes in the future.

Attachments

• IMAG0010_1.jpg
    IMAG0010_1.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 51

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I'm bringing this thread back from the dead, but does anybody have pictures of their LR3 with the Johnson Rods sitting at the "normal" ride height? (not the off-road ride height)

I bet somebody is going to tell me to just set my rig at the off-road ride height and I'll have my answer :biggrin:

Hope this helps you. My LR4 with Johnson Rods at normal ride height. 265/65/18 tires.

Attachments

• IMG_2227 - Version 3.jpg
    IMG_2227 - Version 3.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 201

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members