Lift Kit Anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

voltaire1102

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody out there put a lift kit on the LR3? I'm aware of the Johnson Rods. Anybody have any experience with them? Anything else available? I like the way the LR3 looks with the ride selection in the high position. I would like to keep it at that height, any ideas?

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the blatant plug. I'm the guy who fabricates up the Sasquatch Rods. There's a little info here on this board and a massive amount of info on the lrrforums site. You can also find my set at Lucky8 or PM me your questions and ordering info. There's also Toddco, who uses spacers and a couple of guys making electrical patch looms and air actuators over on the Disco3 site. Check 'em all out and see which one fits your needs best. Good luck.

Cheers,

Dave

Last edited:

buddaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use johnson rods. I run them all the time with no problems. I also had my sensors recalibrated before I started using them full time ,and a wheel alignment wouldn't hurt either.

Attachments

• 861255255_cnvDz-M.jpg
    861255255_cnvDz-M.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 221

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet pictures...but you don't have to pay Johnson for his rod. You can just order the spare rods and cut them yourself. It's about an $80 job.

StevenJ_AK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How good are these for everyday use? I love the look and usability they seem to offer. But how will the CV axles hold up? And the pitman and idler arms? I guess i should say i dont even know what kind of steering system the LR3 uses. But I had a Chevy 1500 that i drove on a everyday basis and off roaded also and CV's never held up more than say 25,000 miles (due to the change of Z height and angle of the CV's plus weight of the tires) and i had an Idler arm issue where the lift and heavier tires and wheels wore out the bushing and gave me some pretty harsh steering wobble and it was lifted 6.5 inches. Anyone have an LR3 they drive daily with this? I love the look!

Im thinking these rods, new tires and wheel, a raised air intake, roof rack with 4 lightforce's up to and an front bar also! Ive got the cash to do it but am a little worried about the drivability and how it would hold up on a 1500 mile plus roadtrip.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6.5" lift....yeah, I could see those effects. 1 or 2" lift using the rod-mod probably won't hurt. Plenty have run it full time for a while...no ill effects. I run it part-time myself.

Hammy...no worries on the jokes. Won't help though. That guy will never learn.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installing the lift I'm sure requires the removal of the air suspension system. Correct? So good to wait until outside of warranties and when the system fails, agreed?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72