The FIX for poor Fuel Economy INSIDE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No kidding...

First I have to thank Jim (luvmylr3) Bauer for bringing this to my attention in this thread http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1702&page=1&pp=10 .

Jim I know I said thank you when we spoke but I just want to do it one more time. You saved this truck for me as I couldn't/wasn't willing to let it go.

For the rest of you... My LR3 HSE (5k miles) averaged 12 to 13 MPG per tank no matter how or where I drove it. It would see 14 to 15 on the highway but the minute you got back to in town driving the average got pulled down and fast!

My dealer tried everything he knew to do. I made a formal complaint to LR but in the end nothing was going to get this fixed. then...

Jim posted this "When I originally asked them about what they did to improve my gas mileage so much, and he just said they did the dealer prep correctly.

I just called him and pushed some more. He said that the vehicle was not fully out of Transportation Mode. Though when they first did the dealer prep all indications showed that it was. So this time they reconfigured the ECU from the ground up, and researched all Transportation Mode setting making sure all were correctly set out of Transportation Mode. "

...and it works!!!

Be warned it will be a tough sell. Your service manager may not be willing to do this. The "master" techs at LR will tell them it won't help. Telling them you learned about the fix on the net isn't going to help. But be persistent, have them contact Carlo at Jim's dealership (see link) and get him to explain it to them.

It really is so quick and simple. My truck appeared to be out of transport mode but after putting it back in... it didn't come out correctly... one more try... this time all went smooth. On the ride home I got 18.1 MPG on the highway!!! Compare that to the 14.5 I got on the inbound trip. Local driving seems to be way up too. I'll post some numbers in the coming days.

If you are getting poor mileage, GET THIS DONE!!!

Thanks Jim,
Scott

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo