New diag and EAS control modules

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't see this posted here, but over on our RRS forum we have a thread about an interesting new product being developed for MkIII Range Rovers, LR3 and RRS (LR4 and 2010+ RRS are in the works.) It's two products actually, one a complete diagnostics tool and the other an electronic air suspensions raise / lower control module. They are both very compact boxes that connect via OBD socket and interface via our cars' Message Center LCD and steering wheel control buttons, which is very clever. The fact that you don't need to haul around big control modules and cables, laptops, etc., as in other diagnostic tools, makes them more useful for everyday use, since you can literally throw the modules in your glove box after adjusting your suspensions or reading / clearing a fault.

The guys behind the product are beta testing them right now (looking for testers actually, the price is definitely reasonable) but they are making quick progress. More info (page 3 of the thread has a short video of the EAS Control interface at work on a RRS LCD): http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47079

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered one today for the LR3. Will post results after I test. Hopefully it arrives before Rover Rendezvous XI next week! $275 US delivered for beta unit.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Set it on the Stops

It looks like one of the features of the EAS device is that one will be able to deflate the suspension such that the 3 lowers to the stops.

To me, that feature would be valuable. When working under it, I worry about being being squashed should it decide to release air and drop down. I have seen it happen for no apparent reason, and it can be fast. Setting the 3 down on the stops before working on it would be a real safety benefit. I do put frame jacks under it, but I always worry about a sudden weight transfer onto the jacks.

It would be nice just to set the 3 in off road, set the jacks under, and then release the air so that 3 settles fully onto the jacks and the load is taken off the wheels and air springs.

perkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered mine today (the IIDTool) and it looks like they already have it shipped!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72