Goodyear MT/R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

dry_fly

Anyone out there running the goodyear MT/R's? I noticed they sponsored the G4 Challenge this year, and were used on all the vehicles. If you're using them let me know how satisfied you are both on & off road.

Cheers!

D

dry_fly

you're right they look awesome! Did you consider them when you got your terra Graplr's? Anyone know how they ride on the highway?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are not offered in the US market

A

apinti

I have not posted much but i follow this board regularly. I've been looking all over for mt/r tires in either 18 or 19"but they aren't available in North America. I found them in 19"in Britain but they don't want ship them here( they asked me if I know someone there who can do that for me).They seem to be available in Europe, as a friend of mine who is a sailor found them in Turkie for about $500 a pice. Ouch....

I also know that LR3 has a 17" wheel option for Europe and Australia but they won't fit out trucks because we have larger brakes in N America. It seems that the Canadian truck has 17" wheels on.

I was thinking maybe we can start a group-buy and if any of you guys have friends in Europe maybe we can find a place to purchase a bunch of them for a more decent price.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last set I had brought over was in the range of about $400 per tire. I will check in the AM to see if it has gotten any better.

D

dry_fly

I'll ask my buddy who owns suburban tire if he can import them from Germany. if so I'll set up a thread and take a tally of who would be interested.... stay tuned.

Cheers!
CT

Z

ziv

Here's a tire company in the UK that will ship the 19" MTRs to the US:
Silverline International Ltd
Silverline Motorsport
Silverline 4x4

Nelson Lane
Warwick
CV34 5JB
United Kingdom
<[email protected]> (the contact person at the company is Chris. This company routinely ships tires to the US).

The price is 170 GBP per tire, which is about $331. This sounds like a great deal on its face. However, the shipping costs are a killer. It bascially doubles the price of the tire. The company had a "special" rate w/ Fedex, and even with this it would have cost 495 GBP, which is approx. $965 - just for the shipping to NYC. I'm very eager to get these tires for my HSE, but I just can't justify paying $500 per tire (after taking into account shipping costs). If anyone has any bright ideas regarding how we might be able to import these more cheaply (e.g., perhaps a group of us could make a single bulk order), please let me know.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99