Land Rover South Bay sold me a damage car.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BC_LR3

Reaction score
Land Rover South Bay sold me a damage car.

As the title said, I went to lease a brand new 06 LR3 on 2/6/07. After a week of ownership, I suspect body work on both passenger side doors. I talked to the sales and he told me the car is brand new and it is impossible to have any damage. I felt that I am fooled by the dealer so I went to inspect the car by a professional body shop and they proved to me both door were repainted. The latest from the dealer last week is that they are just going to offer to repair the door damage, which they deny to me in the beginning. I consider this is serious Business FRAUD and I want to terminate the lease because the dealer lies to me in the very beginning. I have given enough time for the dealer to resolve this problem and they failed to take and appropriate responsibility.

Long story short, "Do Not Buy Cars from Land Rover South Bay, CA" or any of their sisters company (AutoNation, Power AutoGroup). I already open a case with LRNA Case # 6909088 and LABBB Case#98179619.

Please help to spread the word to the public because I do not want anyone becomes a victim like me. Buying or Leasing a new car shouldn't turn out to be a bad experience like mine.

Thanks for reading.

BC_LR3

drafdog

Reaction score
I dont know all the detalis of your situation, but in the past, I had a situation where the hood of my truck had been resprayed at the factory. In checking around with friends in the business, I found out that it was common practice if there was a scratch or other problem during assembly, the problem part was not stripped and preped again, but just hit with another coat of paint.

On a related note, some of the early units delivered had paint problems, especially with runs, from the factory. I don't recall exactly how they were fixed, but I do remember it was at the dealer level.

Best of luck in working out the problem.

BC_LR3

Reaction score
Thanks drafdog for your reply. I had given enough time for the dealer to resolve this issue. At first they deny any damage and later they admit there is minor scratches. The body paint job is very poor and you can see both doors has blemishes and paint imperfection plus overspray on the rubber trim. This is not a minor scratches, the scratches is about 3-4ft long starting from front pass door to the back pass door. If it is minor scratches I won't be so serious about it, however the dealer should disclouse to the customer of any issue. In my case, the dealer lie to me and fool me and think I will never find out. Is not because of money issue here, it is because of the dishonest, Business Misconduct and FRAUD that the dealer is treating their customer.

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I left a copy of this in the buying tips and advise section, but please refrain from double posting in the future.

BC_LR3

Reaction score
joey said:
I left a copy of this in the buying tips and advise section, but please refrain from double posting in the future.

Sorry for the double post. I just want to get everyone aware of this and don't want anyone to become a victim like me if they happen to do business with this Terrible Dealership.

BC_LR3

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72