03 disco w/ SES light on brake light on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjvarc

Reaction score
i have 2003 disco w/ 99k miles, recently the following items came into play.
first with brake light on it was told by the local dealer, short on instrument cluster that i needed to replace the instrument cluster panel. then i requested a second opinion and in turn out to be the following items listed below.
i took care R/F ABS SENSOR AND OVERLAY HARNESS. however the dealer keeps telling me two lights are out on my instrument cluster which is why it was misdiagnosed.

second my SES light was on, i replaced all four o2 sensors and the light is still on. dealer claims i need to replace the cat converter and not my air mass flow meter or a tune up. i'm not due up for tune up until 105k but i feel i'm getting shafted. the SES light kept coming on after replacing all O2 sensors and crank sensor.

i dont believe i need new cat converters, i feel the local dealer i south florida cannot determine why the SES remains.

has anoyone experience this before? never had problems with my disco, mostly wear and tear items but ever since i moved to south florida it seems to be difficult finding a honest mechanic that works on discos.

can anyone recommend a local mechanic in south florida miami-dade or broward that can help me with. like to enjoy my truck.

R/F ABS SENSOR AND OVERLAY HARNESS
SHUTTER VALVE
CRANK SENSOR
NEW BATTERY
SES LIGHT ON

thanks, p

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You first need to go to a local parts store and get your codes read, then post the fault code number so we can help you. Don't go taking it to a shop till we talk.
Send me your number if you want some help, which you do need.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM