07 Range Rover sport SC electrical issues..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stoody55

Reaction score
Was picking up my kid from school yesterday, the car was driving fine but all of the sudden the battery light went on then the suspension’s, transmission’s and some other light that looks like a hot cup of coffe lol (sorry I’m not too good with those things). And if that wasn’t enough half way home everything electrical shutdown in the car no dashboard no radio etc… only the car was running, when I got home and I turned it off and tried to turn it back on again, it wouldn’t start. So, I gave it a couple of hours and tried again and it worked but I’m just a lil concerned if that happened to me again while driving on the highway. Please help!!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Have your battery checked. Sounds to me like it is time to replace it.

crImdoc

Reaction score
Was picking up my kid from school yesterday, the car was driving fine but all of the sudden the battery light went on then the suspension’s, transmission’s and some other light that looks like a hot cup of coffe lol (sorry I’m not too good with those things). And if that wasn’t enough half way home everything electrical shutdown in the car no dashboard no radio etc… only the car was running, when I got home and I turned it off and tried to turn it back on again, it wouldn’t start. So, I gave it a couple of hours and tried again and it worked but I’m just a lil concerned if that happened to me again while driving on the highway. Please help!!

1. Check battery with battery tester and make sure the terminals are tight and clean.
2. Make sure alternator is outputting 14 volts... anything less is a problem.
3. Ensure you have a good ground (grounding-strap passenger side of engine to subframe , if loose, will cause all kinds of problems)
4. Put it on a diagnostic machine.

In that order. Good luck!

d

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA