'09 LR3's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WayneHntr

Reaction score
Has anyone seen any MY '09 LR3's in dealer show rooms yet?

I guess you can tell the difference because of the one tone color around the body... not my favorite look - I prefer the black around the tire trims - but the upgraded Bluetooth could be worth the cosmetic changes.

Also, is the consensus still the same about insisting on the Heavy Duty Pkg? (even though they try everything to talk you out of it?)

Thanks,
Wayne

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i could do it again i would definitely go with the Heavy Duty Pkg the rear locker is one of the few things you can't retrofit aftermarket (or at least so far)

my 2 cents
Noah

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It appears MY09s will not include Complimentary Scheduled Maintenance (first 6 services free of charge), that's a nice little "perk" you will no longer get if you buy a MY09.

I thought the Bluetooth system was unchanged for MY09s, meaning it offers the same basic functionality found on MY08s. Have you heard differently?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wayne...will you be going offroad? If so, I'd recommend the HD package, even though the LR3 is still very capable without it. It probably just makes things a little easier...

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The HD pkg would be nice in certain situations but it is hard to imagine it can get easier.
I cant wait to run a hd and non hd thru a challenging area to feel the difference. I has got to feel different but I would love to feel it for myself

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 09's will only come in HSE trim. No more SE. The HSE will NOT have body colored wheel arches or bumpers standard. They will have an upgraded model called the HSE Lux that will come with that as well as some upgraded wood and other interior trim items. Basically the Lux package has been upgraded to include the body colored trim. All HSE's will come with the wood grain interior now though as standard. And it has been confirmed that the free scheduled maintenance is no longer included on 09's.

I got an email from Land Rover Pasadena a couple days ago with the details on the 09's. That's where this is coming from. I'll post the whole thing if you want. I'm going there this afternoon, so will check the showroom to see if they have any 09's yet.

I echo the recommendation on getting the HD package. I got that on my 08 and was very glad that I did. Makes a nice difference over the unlocked Sport I had before, especially when in Rock Crawl on steep terrain.

WayneHntr

Reaction score
Everyone - thanks for the feedback!

If you could post the '09 updates that would be great!

I'm completely baffled - Why - oh why would LR take away maintenance in todays market!? It makes NO sense!

I wonder if this is something that I could negotiate with the dealer on...? It doesn't hurt to try.

Re:HD pkg. I've always thought it pays for itself because of the full tire - I probably wont do that much offroading, but would like to have the option when I do.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you're right...if it's still just $600 then it's worth getting just for the spare and for re-sale.

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently heard, dealers will only receive a few 09 LR3s and the rest will have to be ordered by the customers. This is what my dealer just told me. Also the LR3 has an interior upgrade coming in 2010, and will be rebadged the LR4 or Disco4 everywhere else. Just what I've heard today from the LR dealer here, and a friend who works at LR.. we'll see what happens.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak