$100 Deductible on Extended Service Contract

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone:

Just beware: I purchased (at a reduced price) the "extended service agreement" on my new LR3 HSE. While this will keep your car under warranty through 85,000 miles, there's a $100 per visit "deductible" for them to crack the hood for any reason. I asked Jimmy Sacules of Tyson's Corner Land Rover (in Tyson's Corner, VA) why this wasn't mentioned in contract discussions and he said, "it's standard, so I didn't think it mattered." Another ****** sales tactic.

I asked and received a full refund of the extra amount on the Extended Service Contract.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info!

buddaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 06 lr3 came with a certified warranty to 75k with a 100 dollar deductable but they told me first. With the price of repairs I think its a bargain. Also my service is free until I reach the the mfg. warranty.

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is pretty standard on these contracts, however they should have pointed it out. I had one for my prior 'Rover and the service guys suggested that I could wait for multiple items before bringing it in - the deductible applied per visit, not per service item....

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Knee **** response, illogical. 1st, generally, it's incumbent upon thinking folks who sign contracts to read them first, particularly for key financial terms spelled out on page 1 of most of these contracts that I have ever seen. 2nd, specifically, you wanted insurance but now that you find it carries a deductible to encourage responsible use (see gtc's comment about multiple items per visit) you decide you don't wnat insurance. 3rd, it's penny wise and pound foolish - save a $100 now and pay $2000 or $4000 if something major breaks based on a matter of principle (see point 1).
Your outrage is misplaced: the sales rep is right, they all have deductibles.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nico3dd