1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

18/33 mpg ? for real ?

Discussion in 'LR2' started by yanr, Aug 7, 2006.

1. yanr

yanr Guest

2. RohithT

RohithT Guest

3. yanr

yanr Guest

I think what they mean for extra urban mpg of 33 is when you just cruise the highway nonstop : ) Another marketing label.

The 25mpg probably more relastic for a v6 with full time 4x4.

4. rbutler

rbutler Guest

UK uses "Imperial" measurements. An imperial gallon is a larger volume than a US gallon (160 ounces v. 128 ounces).

5. dishsoap1

dishsoap1 Guest

It's not a Land Rover if it gets over 20 MPG.

6. Jaak

Jaak Full Access Member

US Gal = 3.83 Liters
    Imp Gal = 4.4 Liters

They are looking at 25 MP/IMPGAL combined city/highway in Europe. They have not done a NA market test and published it yet ....

I have my eye on the "orange" one in the near future ....

7. RBH

RBH Guest

U.S. car blogs and magazine sites seem to have varying MPG numbers for the LR2. I have seen city MPG listed from as low as 15 to 22 and highway listed from as low as 25 to a high of 33. I know much depends on how one drives, but there must be a standard measurement for the LR2 out there from which one can judge. If its better than the Acura RDX 19/23 MPG rating then they will have a real winner.

8. shod

shod Member

my loaner averages 17mpg in all city driving

9. bjartin

bjartin Member

29 mpg

In 2007 I drove 18,200 km = 11,310 miles of highways, freeways and in cities, including offroad with my LR2 Td4 manual.
    My consumption of diesel shows an average of 29 mpg U.S. = 34.8 mpg Imp = 12.34 km / L = 8.1 L / 100 km
    I thought not at all in 2007 for economic driving, so I think the average is approved.

Attached Files: