19" Rims on SE fitting and finding?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

Charles

I have an SE, I am wondering if 19" (LR3) rims will fit, I am
assuming so, and where to find them, also, MOST IMPORTANTLY
will Range 19" rims fit on an LR3. My main reason for this
is that they look a little nicer, and that off road tire options
are nil with 18" rims, and the MTR tires for the 19" rims are
the best I can find. Any help would be appreciated, Thank You.

Charles

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Since the 19" rims come standard on the HSE, and there is no difference in Drivetrain or brakes, I would say they will fit. Finding them.... Dealer or have them made.

RR rims fitting, I somehow doubt that they will, but call your local LR parts guy and ask.

K

KTMLC8

When I ordered my SE the dealer offered me the upgrade to the 19" wheels if I wanted. For the price quoted I immediately declined. They will fit without a doubt. They are the same diameter as well so no issues with speedometer errors. I do like the more block like look of the 19" design. I am sure later this year there will be owners that have changed wheels that are looking to get rid of the stock ones.

If I could get the Goodyear MTR here in the states in the 255/55 R 19" size I would go for the 19" wheels for sure.

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Except for the "bling" factor, why go to 19" rims? If you want to keep the same rolling circumference you need a lower profile tire. That's ok for the street, but a bad idea for anyone who really wants to go off road.

Personally, if I had purchased an HSE I would have been happy to trade the 19s for the 18s.

S

SteveA

If you want the 19" wheel from the New Range Rover, I have good news, they WILL fit. We've done a set here at the dealership. All you need is a set of RR lug nuts. The LR3 lug nuts are shaped differently. But otherwise they will bolt right up. There always seems to be someone on Ebay selling a set of RR 19s.

Hope this helps,

Stephen

K

KTMLC8

SteveA, are you a dealer in the US ? The reason I am asking is this. I posted another thread on tire size, specifically a 275/65 R 18". I wanted to determine if this tire would fit on the SE 18" wheel without any clearance issues. Any comments ?

Madtownrover, besides the Goodyear MTR size I mention above what else is available in the US in 18" that is worthy of calling an off road tire ? If your in the US that is.

Last edited by a moderator:

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KTMLC8 said:
Madtownrover, besides the Goodyear MTR size I mention above what else is available in the US in 18" that is worthy of calling an off road tire ? If your in the US that is.

I am in the U.S.A. I'll be honest, I haven't looked for new tires yet. But tire manufacturers usually start with smaller wheel sizes and then move up. I really wish I could run smaller wheels...there are plenty of options in 16 and 17 inch rim diameters.

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, a quick check on Tire rack's website lists a big goose egg for 18 inch offroad tires. Looks like I'll be stuck with the all season highway treads for a while, but eventually someone will produce more options. 18 and 19 inch rims are more common every day.

S

SteveA

KTM,

As far as fitting a 275/65 18 tire to a RR, I haven't done that personally, but I think that there are some better options for a 4.0/4.6 RR. I have a few clients that have gone with a 265/60 18 Bridgestone Dueler tire, and one that has gone with a 285/60 18. This tire does rub, but he removed the front mudflaps and is working on recalibrating the suspension settings higher. About all I can say about the 275/65 18 that you are asking about is that it will rub. How much? I don't know, but on an otherwise stock 4.0/4.6, it will rub. What tire were you looking at in that size? There are only a very few that I know of, Wranger AT/S (not as good as the MT-R), Michelin Pilot (road biased) and a Continental (?).

As far as other options for an 18" tire, I would strongly recomend the Goodyear MT-R. It's been my experience that it is one of the best tires off road, and is very good on road as well. But there are others from Bridgestone, Pirelli and Michelin.

Hope this helps,

Stephen

K

KTMLC8

I was asking if this tire size had been attempted on the LR3 yet. I have one on the way. The Goodyear MTR is available in Europe in a 255/55 R 19". That is what is on the G4 Challenge LR3. It makes no sense why Goodyear does not offer that tire here in the states. Or the same size in 18". The Goodyear rep sent me a size list offering for the MTR this year in the US and that 275/60 R 18" is the only 18" offering and it is new for 2005. Does not show up on their website yet.

I would love to bribe a Discount Tire shop into ordering one of these and mount it up on the 18" LR3 wheel and try it on the front and rear to judge the clearance issues if any. I am sure there will be some.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112