19" Rims on SE fitting and finding?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

SteveA

Sorry I misunderstood. I would be very surprised if a 275/60-18 would create any problems on the LR3. This tire would be only about 24 mm taller and 20 mm wider than the stock 255/60-18. That's less than an inch in both directions. The car has a lot of room in the fenderwells even in with the suspension down. I think the only problem you might have is rubbing with the steering turned full lock.

If you are looking for alternatives to the 255/55-19 MTR, Michelin makes their 4x4 Synchrone in this size, as does Pirelli with the Scorpion Zero. Neither of these are as off road biased as the MTR though, and probably would be no better than the Wrangler HP.

I'm sure we will see Goodyear make the MTR available in that size soon.

Stephen

K

KTMLC8

No problem Steve. I appreciate all the help. I was thinking the same thing about the fender clearance on the LR3. Just looking at it the thing seems to have a very generous rounded wheel opening. If by this summer the only thing that is available is the MTR I may be the guinea pig and try them on my LR3. However if you should see or hear of someone attempting it first please keep us posted.

D

disco1

I'm getting confused as to which tire size you are thinking of, so here's some numbers.
265x60x18 = 30.5"
275x60x18 = 31"
285x60x18 = 31.46"
275x65x18 = 32"

Therefore, if the 285x60 rubs, some cutting, or a lift will be needed for the 275x65.

K

KTMLC8

Disco1, I came up with the same measurement as you on the tire size I am interested in which is the 275/65 R 18" that the MTR will be offered in. That puts this tire 2" taller than the stock tire which are 30". However if no one has attempted to mount and check these tires I am not sure I would just say they will not fit. The fender openings seem to be more generous than I would have thought. If you have seen the attempt to put this size tires on the LR3 then I stand corrected. If not I wait with anticipation and crossed fingers.

B

backpain

I've got the 18" wheels since the dealer wouldn't trade me for my 19"-ers. Make me a deal.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99