1989 RR Automatic Windows and others...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

jbuds

just bought a 89 rover yesterday. here is a list of problems that i will be working on and any advice would be great:

- automatic windows - the front driver's side window rolls up and down no problem, but the rest of the windows wont budge. i think it might have something to do with the window lock button, but am not sure. is there an electrical manual that anyone can recommend?

- automatic front passenger side seat - does not work, have no clue. need to get a manual

- speedometer, tacometer, odometer - dont work.

- it started up fine when i bought it, and throughout the day. then all of a sudden, it wouldnt turn over and it would just click. it has a new alternator. i went and got a new battery, and it started up fine. but is this going to be a common problem and do i need to worry about battery drain? if so, whats the best way to prevent the battery from draining?

thanks,

jeff

J

jbuds

got the windows to work. still need to figure why the seat doesnt work and why the speedometer and odometer doesnt work.

C

Coppertop

Your odometer and speedometer is probably the angle drive having gone bad by falling apart behind the binnacle. You may be able to piece it back together for a temporary fix or replace it for about 80 dollars. They all go bad on this year. You can go in behind the binnacle after removing the rear cover but work access is very tight. The better way is as per the factory and undoing the fasters for the binnacle from beneath the lower fascia. The seat contacts get corroded in the switch housing. They can be disassembled carefully and cleaned. Be careful and do it on a work bench noting how everything is before doing it as the springs will jump out all over the place.

Good Luck. Enjoy your truck. 1989 is a good year.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM